His smile captivates me and his laugh...well, one of the best sounds I've ever heard. There are so many many things that I love about him. I don't really know where to start. So, I guess I'll start with what I fell in love with when I met him almost 12 years ago....
His eyes - that is what I noticed first about him (probably because he was staring at me!) Those green eyes. I LOVE them. Then I noticed his smile - oh boy! Watch out ladies! It's captivating - and I'm lucky that I get to see it every day (well, almost every day ;)
But really, there's a lot more than looks. (That's just the extra bonus.) I'll tell you a little about my "Charlie" - that's what I call him. I really can't even remember why I call him that. But he's been Charlie to me for just about 12 years. And most people that are around us a lot just know that's what I call him. I used to get a lot of weird looks and questions as to why I call him that. Now, it's just known.
I married him for a lot of reasons....but most I didn't discover until after we were married. He is one of the most humble men that I know. He is always helping someone and he NEVER wants recognition for helping or doing something for someone. It actually bothers him when people make a big deal about him. He usually doesn't like to be the center of attention, but can be the life of the party if you ask me! He has a quiet reverence about him. I love our deep conversations with each other. We're getting better at communicating and have had a lot of those conversations lately. Bry gives the best pep talks. I'm inspired by his ambitions. He's hard on himself and always tries to better himself. He definitely is his worst critic. He is very forgiving - which is something I have discovered about him recently. No matter what someone says or does to him, he is able to let it go and forgive. I've learned a lot from that. Bry likes to figure things out on his own - we've discovered that Rett has inherited that from his daddy. He is an AMAZING daddy and husband. And then there are other reasons that would make him blush, so I'll tell him later - hee hee.
I think he's brilliant, talented, forgiving, wonderful, hard working....and H.O.T! Our journey together hasn't been an easy one, but it's definitely been worth it. We have been working hard on our marriage this year....and I'm afraid he's done a much better job at it than me.
But I need him to know I.Love.Him.
I love being with him.
I remember the day we got married - as I knelt across from him in the temple I saw my new life in his eyes. And I would have to say that our life together has been pretty wonderful so far. I am thankful that our paths crossed so many years ago and that we believed in each other to come back to each other.
I love you Charlie. I love our adventures and the memories we're making together. Thank you for loving me back. You have made me so happy. Really.
Forever....Amb

5 comments:
Amb, this was so sweet. You guys are darling. Happy anniversary guys!!!
Amber, what a sweet tribute! I'm sure he feels just ask lucky to have you. Happy Anniversary!
I hope that you guys had a great anniversary!
Amber that was so sweet, I hope you had a fun anniversary together!
I know your sick of hearing me say this but we still need to do a girl's night so call me or we will chat at church!
That is the sweetest thing ever!
Love Ya
Post a Comment