CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

November 9, 2012

A Break

Have you ever felt like you've wanted to just....run away?  At times I feel so ungrateful because I sometimes feel like I want to run away from my life. 

I've needed a "break".

So, when Keiko called me up one night and asked if I wanted to get away I jumped at the opportunity!  Bry was so nice to take the day off to be with the kids and to get them off to school.  And yes, he even did Bryn's hair.  He text me a picture that morning and said "Best ponytail at school.  I guarantee it!"  Funny guy.

We went to Sundance for the night.  Pretty much one of my favorite places now.  It reminded me, in a way, of a mini Jackson Hole.  We went and got a massage.  Have Mercy!  That hour went by way too fast.  We were going to go on a zipline, but unfortunately there was a mixup (long story), but we got free lunch! 

And then we spent about 95% of our time taking pictures.  Keiko and I both LOVE taking pictures.  Okay, so it's beyond LOVE.  We're obsessed.  And the colors!!!  I felt like a piece of me was in Heaven.  It was peaceful and relaxing.  Just what my little soul needed.  I loved being able to slow down and take my time.  To try different things with my camera.  To work on "perfecting my craft".  To stop and look at so much beauty.  Beauty that could only come from something higher than me.  I kept thinking that Heavenly Father sure has an incredible imagination!  How blessed I felt to be standing there in the mountains - able to enjoy it all.  To have the chance to find inspiration in so much around me.

I'm a little short on words right now....so enjoy my trip in pictures.  They speak louder than words anyway.





 







There was a little car show going on.  I thought this car was rad.










The view from our back balcony....











 Funny...I was trying to make it up by Keiko before the timer went off on the camera.  Didn't




















Thank you Keiko for such a FUN little "break".  It was just what I needed!!

And....more pictures coming.  I took...plenty.

0 comments: