CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

January 27, 2010

Our 1st Adventure of 2010

This last weekend we went to West Yellowstone. My best friend Mandee's parents live up there in a cabin year round. Mandee and Clint have been talking about taking us up there for a long time and finally we were able to make it happen. Mandee and I left Wednesday when I got off work - packed up 4 kids (one of Mandee's was already up there) and made the drive. It wasn't too bad - other than Dakota and Garrett pestering each other. The roads were pretty clear until we got past Ashton....and then I'm sure I was driving Mandee nuts. See - I HATE driving in bad weather especially when the roads are icy. You can blame my hubby for that. (about 4 years ago we were on our way to a Christmas party at my parents and we slid right through a stop sign and hit a telephone pole). So I kept grabbing Mandee's arm, but she did great. I'm just glad she was driving and not me ;) Clint & Bry drove up Thursday afternoon since Bry couldn't get Thursday off of work. We spent the weekend snowmobiling, ice fishing, playing cards and a little guitar hero. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast.

We're really grateful for such great friends that we enjoy being with. And Mandee's parents were so gracious to let us stay there and to feed us (oh I miss her mom's homemade bread with Yellowstone Huckleberry jam.....YUM!) Thanks for such a fun weekend guys!!!!

I had to post a picture of this place - Bry and I went to this Chinese restaurant on our honeymoon and we both got food poisoning! Not exactly how you want to spend your honeymoon.....

They don't really plow the roads up there, but they sure looked pretty covered in snow..

This is how the road looked part of the way home - creepy....

Love the sky in this one!

If you're going to shovel snow.........this is the way to do it!

Poor Rett was stuck with a bunch of girls all weekend, so Mandee's dad said "Garrett - let's go get a tractor!" Oh boy - Rett was in heaven. And by the time James had finished, Rett was sound asleep....



Me and the kids decided to go out and play in the snow....well, I mainly took pictures and pulled the kids out of deep snow....

All I can say is she makes me smile....Rett loved eating the snow and kept falling down, but the cold never bothered him.You could drive the snowmobiles right on the road in West Yellowstone. Here's Bry filling up before we head out!


Bry got a little carried away and got the snowmobile stuck. I didn't think to pull the camera out until after the got it unstuck. Here's the hole Bry made. It was pretty funny - when he got first got stuck it was just us - no one else around....then all of a sudden like 20 snowmobilers came and stopped to see what was going on. I was just laughing my head off.

Me & my man.....I just love him.


Rett loved the ice fishing, but wasn't very patient - especially when we never caught anything. But we made our own fun. We didn't want the kids to get cold, so we bundled them up. This picture just makes me laugh...reminds me of the little brother off of "The Christmas Story".


Best Friends - Makayla & Brynlee. They were inseperable the whole trip. (I can't believe how grown up my girl looks.....kinda sad)
Me and Garrett making our own fun....with crackers....(a blessing of being my child - you're easily entertained ;) Don't trust Rett's face - he knows I'm funny...




You can see a few more pics on my photo blog here.

3 comments:

The Hunts
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Thurgoods

Well hello. It's ME! :) Cute blog. And your adventure to west yellowstone looks like it was a ton of fun. You take some pretty pics!

Heidi

Those pics are AWESOME! I can tell how much fun you guys had! I'm super jealous! Gotta love making memories :) Great pics Amb