So, yesterday - they were driving me crazy ;). That's what happens during the winter months when it's too cold to play outside (especially with Rett's asthma - we just had him at the doctor last week for another prescription of steriods...not too fun for a 3 year old) and their mean mom won't let them watch TV. So, I said "let's create something!!" Yeah - that only entertained Rett for about 3 minutes. Then he heard a hammer outside....and ran to the back door. Out on the roof of the shed was his hero - his dad. Oh man - he immediately ran to his room, grabbed his little plastic hammer and came running out to me.
Rett: "MOM!!!! I love to hammer! I'll be outside with dad!"
Well, I tried to get him to stay in -
Mom: "Rett, it's too cold outside. You'll have an asthma attack if you start running out there....daddy won't be long. Come have some fun with Mommy - I'm MUCH cooler than dad".
Oh, he wasn't going to hear any of that! So, he tried to head out with no coat and flip flops! I knew I wasn't going to win this fight. Oh, and did I mention he had an asthma attack about a 1/2 hour before this and was throwing up in the bathroom? So, maybe I'm a bad mom for letting my sick child go out and play with dad for a while......but sometimes it's okay to be bad, right?!
About a 1/2 hour later....I get a call from Bry telling me to grab my camera and come outside. Rett had discovered the mud in our unfinished backyard....... 

Rett definitely loves being outside like his dad. During last summer....everyday he would ask Bry if they were going to go out and work on the shed. I have a feeling I won't see much of my boys this spring...
Meanwhile....Bryn and I stayed in the nice warm house and worked on Valentine stuff.

3 comments:
He is all boy. haha
Bryn is a doll. I bet you love being able to hang and do girly stuff.
You need to update more. hahaha
SO cute that he did that and that you and Bryn could have some bonding time. But one of the cutest things I thinhk is that you recorded it! took pictures and wrote down your memories! that's awesome that will be fun for them to look back at! You're such a cute mommy!
Post a Comment