CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

August 20, 2012

Camping adventure continued

On our last day of camping, Bry wanted to go fishing.  So, I "asked" if just our little family could go with him?  How could he say no to that?  Ha!
Rett and I rode in the back of the truck up to the lake.  He was so excited - as you can see from that big grin!  Brought back memories of me and my brother riding in the back of my dad's old truck all the time.  Some memories are so sweet. 

Have I mentioned how much I completely love being in the mountains?  So much peace there.....



I don't know if it's because I'm getting older and I'm realizing how fast my kids are growing, but lately I just like to sit back and watch.  Watch the kids play together.  Watch Bryan and the joy he gets teaching the kids about something he loves.  Fills my cup.  Actually, overflows is more accurate.
No matter what life throws at you, there is still so much to enjoy and be grateful for.

I didn't get to fish - every time I walked away from this smiley guy, he would start squawking.  He knows how to get me!  So I sat with him, giggled and of course took pictures. 
He's my little buddy for sure.






And then to end our fishing escapade....Brynlee caught the "biggest and prettiest fish" - according to her daddy!  I was so glad Bry was there.  He kept all of us calm.  Garrett was even freaking out because he said he didn't want his sister to be hurt.  I thought the fly was in super deep, but once Bry got it out it didn't even bleed.  He was our hero for the day! 
Brynlee was getting so mad at me because I wanted to hurry and take a picture.  But when it was all over, first thing she wanted to do was see the picture I took.

No "real fish" were caught, but definitely some memories were made.

0 comments: