CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

August 15, 2012

I can hear the Mountains calling.....

My parents had been planning a camping trip for about a month, but I just didn't know if we were going to be able to swing it.  We don't even have a tent anymore! (Ours was destroyed when Bry took it hunting and cattle came through camp - trampling our tent in the process).  But Bry knew how much I wanted to go and spend some time with my family so he made it work.  Mom and Dad took care of a lot of the meals.  And just to say - the food was delicious!  My parents are great cooks!!  Too bad for Bry.  I didn't inherit those genes.  Mandee and Clint were so nice to let us borrow their huge tent which worked awesome for our growing family!  But I swear - I hate that my body is "thinking" it's older.  Sleeping on the ground was a little rough.  Okay, so my hips felt like they were bruised for a whole week after.  I may be getting a little wimpy. 



We discovered that Rett has become obsessed with fire. He LOVED helping Bry start the fire. We couldn't keep him away from it. He kept taking big sticks and pushing the fire around. Little stinker. But he was such a great kid on this trip and was a total boy! Love it!


Darling Madi - the girl loves it when I take her picture.

Getting some Papa time.  I just love my dad.


And then, our favorite, FISHING!  I ended up not fishing this trip.  Sad.  But life is different with a baby.  But he's totally worth the sacrifice :) So, the kids had a lot of fun with dad.  They even to go out in the canoe with Grandma and Grandpa and the fishing boat with Uncle Mike.




I'm in love with this picture of Bryan and Garrett.  He sure loves his dad.





Kinlee was such a big helper with Brody.  She would put his binky in when he spit it out - whether he wanted it or not!

And of course, I have to get a picture with everyone!


My little buddy.

Brody did awesome for his first camping trip - other than constantly wanting to get down and eat dirt.




Brody's first taste of dirt.  Let's just say he didn't stop going for it.  YUCK!!  It was a struggle to keep him away from it!

Learning to fly fish.  I think he'll have a passion for it like his dad does.












Rett caught 3 fish while in the canoe with Grandma and Grandpa!  He was so excited to get back and tell his dad all about it.  Bry told him that he caught them, so he had to gut them!  So, Garrett learned some of the responsibilities of being a man on this trip.  (Although, I do gut my own fish).  I'm proud to say that Garrett did gut his own fish.  It was a great moment for me - watching Bry with his oldest son.  Teaching him things a Father should teach his son.




And yet another picture I love of these two.  That cute chubby hand on his dad's shoulder....  Excuse me while I wipe away a couple of tears.....


  



I had made a little scavenger hunt for the kids.  They each got their own bag and a list of things to find.  It had started to sprinkle, but I grabbed all of them anyway.  It was fun spending time with my nieces and two of mine.  They loved it!  And they were so cute because they all helped each other.  Garrett totally took care of Kinlee and helped her find everything on her list.



All of the kids with their "treasures".

I look like a goof, but I love this picture of Brody.  Such a handsome little guy!


Don't mind Mike & Ash bombing the picture!  Get a room you two!!  There are children around for Pete's sake! (ha ha)



Okay.  Fine.  I'll be normal for one picture.


So, we're all sitting around camp talking about getting a fire started.  Bry piped up and said he would take care of it.  He disappears for a moment then comes back - parks his butt on the ground and whips out his "tools.  Can you tell we watch a lot of "Survivor Man" and Bear Grylis at our house?  Everyone started cracking jokes and my mom mentioned how she didn't think he could start it that way.  But Bry was determined.  (We'll be back later to check on his work....)



And still trying......




Still......

Okay, so he realized it just wasn't going to happen with that contraption.  Let's try the "bow and shoestring" method.....


3 generations right there. 



Bry's fire.  Okay, so he didn't get it started the way he wanted to. 
So he used flint and steel instead.  Ha ha!  Love that rugged man of mine.

Cousins are the greatest friends!

0 comments: