CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

October 25, 2012

School's in!

I'm in shock I think.  I have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner!  (Plus I'm a little late in posting this....)

Both were completely excited to start school.

I think Brynlee was more excited to wear her new clothes.  She is my daughter - loves clothes and shoes!  She was excited because one of her best friends, Sydney, is in her class again.  I was excited about that too, because her mom is a good friend of mine and we get to do class parties together!!  Brynlee was too old for me to give her a hug and a kiss.  I did - and she got all mad at me.  And then I was waiting at the bus stop when they got home - camera in hand - and she got so mad that I was taking pictures of her.  Sad day for me.....

I was a little worried about Garrett.  He's always been our more cautious/nervous child.  But to my surprise, he did AWESOME!!  He was all sorts of excited.  And could've cared less when I left.  He is loving his teacher and all of the new friends he is making. 

They're both doing really good.  Brynlee has become such a great reader!  During scripture study at night, she can read without any problems.  And Garrett has been sounding out everything around us and trying to read on his own.  The school does a little incentive program where the kids can earn things called "Builder Tickets".  If they're spotted doing something good, or working extra hard they can earn a ticket for a drawing.  I love it when the kids come home all excited because they earned a Builder Ticket.

This is the only picture she would let me take of her.... :(




Bryn and I wore matching shoes for the momentous occassion.



Okay....so I need to sneak one more picture.  At least Syd thought it was funny.  That is Bryn's "Seriously mom....STOP!" face :)



Me and my buddy man.




Rett's buddy, Ryker.  Garrett gets to go to his house every Wednesday to play before school.  Needless to say, he always asks when it's going to be Wednesday!

He was so excited that he found HIS name!!

I was getting a little nervous that he wouldn't have any fingernails by the time the day was over....  A habit he definitely got from his dad.


And then getting off the bus... They look a little tired.  Bryn was super grumpy about me taking pictures.  She wouldn't even look at me!  Haha!

I made these little goodies and had them waiting on the counter for them when they got home.  There were Rolos wrapped in the middle.


1 comments:

Jordan

Phew, it's been fun catching up on your blog. Your kids are so cute! I love those shoes! You are a good mommy.