CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

October 23, 2012

Another day fishing

"To go fishing is the chance to wash one's soul with pure air, with the rush of the brook, or with the shimmer of sun on blue water.  It brings meekness and inspiration from the decency of nature, charity toward tackle makers, patience toward fish, a mockery of profits and egos, a quieting of hate, a rejoicing that you do not have to decide a darned thing till next week.  And it is discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish."  -Herbert Hoover

I think of Bry when I read this quote.

He is quite the fisherman to me.
True - he's not a pro, but he's constantly trying to perfect his craft.
And he absolutely, completely, hands down LOVES it!

Fishing has become one of my favorite things to do - especially with Bry.  It really has been "good for my soul".  And I love that he is so willing to teach me what he loves.....and that he lets me love it too.

I don't have to "beg" as hard now to get him to take me.  And the best part - he has even scheduled a couple of fishing trips for us and then just called and said "we're going fishing on this day..."  LOVE IT!

This was one of those trips.  Clint and Mandee even came with us - Mandee's first time fly fishing.  I'm so thankful to have such great friends.  We had a great time - even though it POURED on us and the wind blew like crazy.  I had plenty of wind knots.  But everytime I got one, I tried to be patient and kept thinking about a story Bry once told me about his wind knots.  I caught a couple and Bry caught around 6-8.  But it's those moments where I get to be there with him.  The only thing to worry about is what fly to use. 

I thought of the last time we went fishing and it had poured on us.  The day I found out I had cancer.  My mind flooded with memories of that day.  I felt safe with him.  I felt like everything would be okay.

I felt the same way this time fishing.

He's a good man.






















0 comments: