CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

February 7, 2013

January in pictures

So many little moments in January that I loved.  And already, it's flying by.
January is always a rough month for me.  Always has been.
So, I tried to keep myself busy.
Goal accomplished.
At times, I was too busy.

Bry surprised me with this at the beginning of the month.  I had been wanting them for a while. 
Love how they look in my kitchen!

New Year's.
It was a bust.
I did a big family photoshoot a couple of days before and wasn't feeling too good.  Not at all.  That morning I even tried to go to Instacare, but it was a 2 hour wait. 
So, on New Year's eve I literally dragged myself to the closest Instacare.
Turns out I had pneumonia and Influenza.
It was awful.
So, I just laid on the couch for a few days.
This was my view New Years Eve.


Bry was so sweet to try and make it fun for the kids.  He picked up medicine for me and snacks for the kids.  They played games, watched a movie and tried out our new s'more maker we got from Mark & Teresa for Christmas.  The kids loved it!


I love these little shoes.  They look even cuter on Brody.

Did a lot of reflecting.  On my life, my goals, my family.
A lot I want to change.  And a lot that I want to improve on this year.
Feeling hopeful.

And yes, loved spending time with Bryn at the Justin Bieber concert.

He's growing too fast.  And so is his hair. 
I adore those curls in the back and play with them everyday.

Finding new play spots. 
Emptying out my cupboards and climbing in is a new favorite.

He's like his big brother.  Wants food as soon as he wakes up. 
His hair is usually worse than this...

We survived freezing temperatures and a crazy excess of snow! 
Thankful I had a good coat to keep me warm while I attempted to shovel the snow.


Pretty sure there's a driveway under all of that snow.....

Mandee and Clint were so nice.  They saw me out struggling to shovel and both came over to help. 
Garrett was even working so hard to help me.
Who needs a snowblower when you have a "Mandee and Clint"?!


One of our goals is to spend more time with the kids - doing simple things.
It was a wicked game of Shutes and Ladders.

And Twister....

Picked up this baby a lot this month. 
Getting better at using flash.

Bry brought Tasty Donuts home one night. 
We were watching TV and I turned around to see what Brody was in to. 
It had gotten quiet.
Never a good sign.
This is what I found.
He had moved the stool over and was eating a donut. 
After we took it away from him, he reached in and grabbed another one.

Commitment.
This was the temperature one morning going to the gym.
Brrrrrrrrr!

Last year while running, Bry set a "running" theme for us.  "Finish Strong". 
It has deep personal meaning for the both of us. 
Every year I make a motto or theme for myself. 
I decided to make "Finish Strong" my whole theme for this year. 
Bry ordered me a few of these bracelets.

This dude lost his first tooth....and then dropped it on the carpet.
Never to be found.
So, he wrote a note to the tooth fairy.
She still left him money.
(And then he lost his second a week later).
He thinks he's pretty rich now.

Playtime with Grandpa.

I photographed some bridals at an art gallery in Ogden.  Rad place!
But while waiting for the bride, I found a bullet hole in one of the windows.
Crazy.


Toddler stage does not mix well with markers.
Not at all.
He was quite proud of himself.

One night, Bry was out donating plasma and the kids and I were just hanging out.
Next thing I know Garrett starts crying and said that Brody hit him in the eye with his toy phone. 
To make a long story short, we ended up taking Garrett to Instacare because Brody had cut Garrett's cornea!  I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of "memorable stories" to tell involving these two.

Went through some old pictures. 
Found this one from my friends wedding - Bry and I had only been married a year.
I have always adored him.

Celebrated my 31st birthday!
And I shot a wedding the whole day.
But first Bry gave me my gift - a new workout outfit and an Ipod shuffle.
But the best part?  He had my "theme" for the year engraved on the back.
I cried.
My friend Ashlee helped me shoot the wedding on my birthday. 
It was so incredibly cold.  Pretty much freezing.
So we got soup for lunch. 

I finally got home at 10pm.  So, we ended my birthday night cuddled on the couch.
(He took me out to dinner and a movie the next day). 

Thankful to have a home.


Brody did NOT want Garrett to stand next to him.
He's hitting him in the head....

And time with Rett before school. 
He LOVES to color and draw.

I love the faces he makes when he's concentrating. 
Usually, his tongue is sticking out.








And the biggest thing of the month?! 
Someone FINALLY started walking!!!

0 comments: