CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

February 16, 2010

8 years ago today....

Eight years ago today, the Olympics were going on in Salt Lake. I was 20, working, happy and in love. Probably at about the same time I'm writing this email - I was asked a question. A question that I knew would need an answer. My answer, I also knew, would change my life forever.

As I was sitting on a ledge next to the man I loved, I turned to see him down on 1 knee. I feel bad cause I playfully slapped him on the shoulder and told him to stop messing around ;) I looked away awed at all of the people around and then as I turned back towards him, he now had a ring in his hand with a very nervous, anxious but patient face. I grabbed him and wouldn't let go. He whispered in my ear...."I'll take that as a yes, but I would like you to say it".

It was kinda funny, cause I had brought my camera with us and had it sitting on the ground next to me. A couple of girls walking by saw what Bry was doing and they grabbed my camera and took pictures for us.
3 1/2 months later we were married in the Salt Lake Temple at 7:20am. Oh ya - it was an early ceremony. Our guests were loving us - ha ha! But at least they didn't have to stand in the hot sun. It was nice and cool that morning and it was...gorgeous. Bry was so sweet with me - even the escorts in the temple mentioned how sweet he was as he helped me with my dress. He made sure that I was completely happy that day - and I was. I remember my mouth hurting from smiling so much.

Anyway, back to today! February 16th is a special day for me. I'm so glad that I chose to say Yes! He has made me so so happy. And I truly love him...

I thought I loved him when we were dating (Boy if I would've known what I know now!)
And then I was sure that I loved him on our wedding day.
I knew I loved him when we had Brynlee.
And even more when we had Rett.
But I was still figuring out who he was (and I still am).

Bry and Rett, November 2009

I can say, though, that I definitely love him more each day and definitely more than the day I married him.

It's hard to know the depth of his soul or the quiet power behind those gorgeous green eyes.

He definitely is a man of few words (especially compared to me...). But whatever he shares is always sincere, genuine, enough.

We both have made a goal to really work on our marriage this year. And so far, I think we're doing pretty good. Every day comes with new challenges and things we need to work at. I'm truly grateful that I have him to help put me in my place when I get too fiesty, to help soothe my worries, to calm my fears and to stand by me and support me in my crazy ambitions.

I love him....too much.

At our friends wedding, August 2009

5 comments:

Linda Horsley

So sweet! It makes me miss my sweet-heart more. You two are so adorable! I miss you too!

Simonsen Family

Post pictures from the day he asked you and wedding pictures too- I want to see them ☺ I love temple wedding pictures!!!!! I didn't know your anniversary date is the 16th- ours is the 6th- Why didn't you go with the 14th? Just curious? I am hoping for the 14 in 2012 as our sealing date!

Lots of Love,
Becki

Heidi

I remember this day too :) hee hee. Way cute post - you are one lucky woman that's for sure! Love you guys :)

Mandee

Can you believe how fast time goes I remember when you a Bryan came a hungout with us at that white house on 2000 W. When you guys were talking about getting married and now your going on 8 yrs in June. Crazy! Crazy! I'm glad that were neighbor's. I really don't think you guys need to work on your marriage a fight here and there won't kill ya, it just brings ya closer together as a couple and stronger.

Whit

That was super sweet Amb! I loved reading that!