I can't believe it's already April!
Easter weekend we headed down to Moab with Bry's family. We headed down Friday morning and pulled into Moab early afternoon. Rod & Stef drove down with us and the kids.
It was a fun weekend - cold, but fun. Did some 4-wheeling and kareoke! Yes, I even got Bry to come up and sing with me! Too bad nobody filmed it. It was....shall I say....memorable - in a good way. I got a few videos of Brynlee shakin' what her mama gave her and of her kareoke skills. I'll have to post those later.
Storytime: When we got to Moab, Rod thought it would be funny to pull a "little prank" on their mom since he didn't get to on April Fools... She went down to Moab the beginning of the week. He called her and said that we would be a "little" late getting to Moab since we had just been in a bad car accident. He told her that I! was driving (I'm scuzzing him off as he's saying this ;) And then he just keeps running with it. Bry's standing next to him carrying on a conversation with a "pretend" police officer and scolding me for not paying better attention. Stef & I just sat in the car shaking our heads. These boys love to give their mom a hard time! Rod told her he'd call her in a bit because the paramedics were coming because Stef had a cut on her face....(good grief) You really should have heard the whole story he was telling her. Well, "short version" ;) - he ended up calling her back and telling her he was joking (after about a 1/2 hour). She had already called Bry's sister and had also called his dad and chewed him out for not seeing us on the side of the road (they had left after us..)! Poor Mark - we felt bad he got in so much trouble. Rod got a literal kick in the butt from his mom when we finally met up with them. It's definitely never a dull moment with Bry and Rod around!
After the boys got an ear full (ha ha) we all drove to Potato Salad to watch the crazies. Some were quite entertaining - especially this guy on a dirt bike. I thought he was going to kill himself! Too bad I didn't get any pictures of it. I was too worried everytime he crashed, but he finally made it up the hill!


I started laughing when I saw this big truck pull up in line to do it. I really didn't think he'd make it, but he sure proved me wrong!

The kids always have fun playing in the dirt and finding rocks. Definitely lots to find!


Saturday, we lined up for the "jeep parade" and went on the 7-mile rim trail. And for those of you that don't know me too well.....I am a nervous passenger - even when we're not on scary, rocky, steep trails. Just ask Bry - it's his "favorite" thing about me, right babe?! But, I think I was pretty good this year. I just got out of the vehicle everytime there was a rough part - for photo opps, of course! (wink wink). As embarrasing as this is - the first time I went to Moab was when Bry and I were engaged. Bry had a really sweet Black lifted jeep. Rod rode with us on the trail and was video-taping it all. Well, I got scared so bad....I.....peed my pants. Rod has never let me live that down! Especially since it's on video.
Anyway....
Dano (brother-in-law) and his HOT truck!
(Good thing I got out - I would've been screaming with that tire off the ground!)
My everything......I love the three in this pic with me more than I ever thought possible....
Heidi & Dano
Carli & Colten
Me & my favorite guy in the world.
Rod & Stef







This is one of my favorites. I love the contrast between desert & the snowy mountains...
More to come....I got to shoot a handgun for the first time and of course - got pictures!!!(I also put more pics on my photoblog)
I really couldn't get enough of the landscape. It really was beautiful....
The Jace-Man!

8 comments:
Great pictures Amb! What a beautiful place.
What a fun trip! You have such a cute family! You are a great photographer. I love your pics.
Great Fun! Of course you guys like to be wild and crazy when me and Clint are not around. Amazing pics.
You have got to post the videos of Brynlee and Bry dancing!!!
I still can't believe that story Rod told.
Wow!! Amazing pictures Amber! I love looking at your pics, you are seriously good at what you do!!
Those are some awesome pictures! Oh man, those boys are so mean to their mom! I bet she was panicking! They waited 1/2 hour to call her?! He deserved a kick in the butt. :)
Beautiful pictures!!!!
Still need to update MORE! ♥ They aer TO far and IN Between for my satisfaction
Lots of Love,
Becki
Once I would I would settle for (lol)
Post a Comment