CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

October 28, 2010

(part 4)...Train ride to Gateway

At the beginning of the summer, I sat down with the kids and made a list of some fun things we would like to do together during the summer.  One of them was to ride the Front Runner to Salt Lake and go play in the water at the Gateway.  We invited my friend Mandee and her girls to go.  We had never rode the train, so I'm glad that Mandee went - she knew where to go and what to do.  Rett loved the train!  I actually was a little worried that he would freak out because he is gets nervous with new situations, but he did awesome and was just mesmorized the whole way!  We ate lunch in the food court at Gateway and then took the kids over to the fountain to play.  It was sooooo hot.  Mandee and I were roasting.  I was ready to jump in the water with the kids.  Rett wouldn't have anything to do with the water.  He sat by me the whole time.  But Bryn and the girls loved it!  It was definitely an 'A' day with my kids.

Wating for the train....

 This is how Rett stayed - cool under the umbrella.

 I love this shot of Bryn...she loved the water!

3 comments:

Amanda

My kids have never rode the front runner either, that too is on our list of fun things to do. Hopefully next summer!!

Mom

Lookes like toooooo much fun!!! What great pictures to share!

Katie Pettey

You guys have been up to a lot of fun lately! What amazing pictures, too - as always. It's so fun to "see" you. Wait, Bryan did a marathon? Ha ha. That seems like so long ago!