CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

March 18, 2011

New Beginnings....

At the beginning of January, I thought of all the things I wanted to accomplish this year.  Things I wanted to work on, new things I wanted to try...

I looked at this year as a "new beginning" I guess.  Last year was rough and a part of me still worries every time I look in the mirror and go in every 3 months for check ups.  But, I don't want that to rule my life and overpower the things I really should be focusing on. 

Last summer, Bry and I had talked about possibly "trying" to have another baby.  I was so excited because I had been bringing it up as a constant topic of conversation for 3 years....  But then we found out about the skin cancer and the doctor said no - no trying to get pregnant right now.  It would be too risky if I got pregnant before all of the cancer was removed or if it came back.  So, the plans were put on hold....

Fast forward to the end of January.  I knew something was up.  I felt different.  The thought was in my mind for over a week, and finally I said something to Bry.  He said I should buy a test that week just for peace of mind (we really didn't think I was).  One day after work I told my friend Mandee...."I think I'm pregnant.  Either that, or something is seriously wrong with me!"  The next morning after Brynlee left for school, I drove to Dollar Tree (I heard their tests were just as good as the expensive ones..) and drove home.  I took the test and sat there.  I glanced over and couldn't believe what I saw.  2 lines!!!!  (FYI - PREGNANT)  I started freaking out - in a good way.  Rett asked what was wrong and I just started laughing and said I was just so happy.

All day I was going crazy.  I wanted to call and tell Bry so bad, but he was in meetings most of the day.  Well, 4:30 rolled around and he still wasn't home (NOT the day to be late!!)  I called him and said he needed to come home.  I was so giddy.  He said he figured it out after we got off the phone and said "holy crap....my wife is pregnant!"  His boss was in the room and I'm pretty sure "crap" wasn't the exact word used.  HA!  That's Bry for ya!

Well, when he got home, this is what he found......


Not as creative as I would've liked to be....I was a little shocked myself.  But Bry's face was priceless.  I really wish I would've taken a picture when he saw it.  I thought he was going to pass out!

But we are very excited.  This is my 4th pregnancy and has been my toughest so far.  I'm now going on 6 weeks being sick.....and feeling totally worthless.  I feel like I just lay on the couch trying not to puke.  Bry has been incredible.  A couple of weeks ago we went in to the doc and saw the baby kicking it's little legs.  It's amazing to us both.  This baby to me feels like a miracle after what we went through last year. 

I've started popping out a lot earlier with this one.  Brynlee keeps telling me "Sheesh - your belly is getting huge!!!"  I lovingly remind her that it's only going to get bigger....  Here I am at 9 weeks....that was 3 weeks ago.
The kids are crazy excited and ask me almost daily when I'm going to have the baby.  My due date is October 2nd, so I'm thinking this little one will show up in September.  I had Bryn & Rett early....so we'll see.

6 comments:

Katie

Congrats to you both! I'm so excited for you. You two make some pretty cute babies:)

The Hunts
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Simonsen Family

Congratulations!!!!!! Having three kids is AWESOME!!!!! you guys will totally love it... BUT FOUR is even better ☻ and the five is FABULOUS and I have to say 6 is FANTASTIC and makes my world spin with happiness of course... So I look forward to many many many ok three more of these kind of posts ♥ For the morning sickness try half a unisome pill and one vit, b - worked wonders when I was popping blood vessels in my eyes while being PG with Brex....
I'm SO SO SO So happy for you guys!!!!
Lots of Love,
Bec

Heidi

I couldn't believe it! You guys are sneaky! I am SO excited... always knew you weren't done with just two! I love love love seeing you pregnant you GLOW :) I hope your sickness passes with the first trimester... no fun. I am the happiest aunt on earth!!!!

Pickett

Amb… I am so excited for you. I feel for you on the sickness part, Just as a word of advice, My Dr gave me Zofran of course I did not take it my thoughts were if the pioneers could do it so could I, well after tearing my esophagus and being threatened with having to get IV’s I gave in… Needless to say I should have listened sooner, So here is my advice if they say take the pills TAKE the pills… Ha Ha!

Really Though I am so happy for you guys and once you are feeling up to it we would love to go to dinner sometime.

Mom

I can't believe how excited I am for both of you!!! Well for me too hehe I love being a grandma to all my awesome grandkids!!! Just keep them coming!! ;) So happy for both of you!!!