CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

January 31, 2012

Being 30

30?!  Really?  I remember the days when I thought 30 was....gulp....old!  But it sure doesn't feel that old.  I was actually a little bit excited to turn 30.  A lot happened in my 20's.  A lot (not necessarily in the following order...).

*I went through the Temple!
*I got married to the only guy I've ever truly loved.
*Moved out of the only house I'd ever known.
*Got pregnant....and experienced my first truly heartbreaking experience when our little one didn't make it.
*Became a mommy for the 1st time...and the 2nd....and the 3rd time.
*We bought our 1st house...and our 2nd.
*Experienced the most joy and the most heartache I've ever felt.
*Cancer
*Hawaii (and witnessing my hubby's first time on an airplane!)
*And so many other things....

But I'm ready to move on to the next chapter of my life.  I'm excited (and a little nervous) to see what life has in store for me moving forward.

Well, to tell you the truth, my birthday wasn't just on one day this month.  Bry named January "The Month of Amber" this year.  And he spoiled me all month long.  Literally.  I feel a little guilty, but I'm not complaining!

On my birthday, I woke up and went to get in the shower and Bry said "No way - you're opening gifts!" (Needless to say, I was late for work but the boss let it slide since I was....getting old....).  I was so surprised because Bry got me something that I had mentioned that I had wanted months ago.  Usually I'm giving him crap telling him that I'm always dropping hints.  He did so good that I had forgotten that I wanted it!  It was a light scoop for my camera.  And then I cried when I opened the next one....he got me a new lens for my camera!  A 70-300mm VR piece of beautiful equipment!  I can't wait to use it!  But that wasn't it.  Shortly after getting to work, roses were delivered to my office.  I pretty much had a perma-smile on my face all day.  The boss bought donuts, Alli brought me a Jamba Juice and spoiled me, and the rest of the office cracked "old" jokes.

So many calls, texts and facebook posts wishing me a happy day.  I felt pretty loved... When I got home from work, I walked in the house and there on the cupboard was a gift and cupcakes from Mandee.  She had "broke in" and left me that sweet surprise.  I cried.  I really don't deserve so much "niceness" people!!  That night, we just hung out at home.  With a house full of sick kids, we thought it best to not go out.  But Bryan wasn't about to get me Arby's for dinner.  He ordered Outback to-go and brought it home.  The day was pretty close to perfect.








0 comments: