CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

January 31, 2012

Birthday Getaway

A couple of weeks before my birthday I told Bry that I just wanted to get away.  Well, he made it happen. He got his mom and dad to watch the kids and we went and stayed in Eden.  (Makes me think of Couples Retreat....except ours was snowy and cold).  Friday night Bry took me to Harley & Bucks.  He made me feel like the most important thing in the world - opened my door everywhere we went and as we entered the restaurant, he put his hand on the small of my back to lead me through the door.  Sappy?  I don't care because that's one of my favorite things.  Dinner was yummy - complete with Calamari for the Mr.



Then starts the fun - although a few things tried to ruin it.  Saturday morning we got up and Bry was going to take me for a drive through the canyon to see if we could find some wildlife for me to shoot with my new lens.  Well, right as we pulled out of the condo, I told him to stop so that I could get a picture.  I unrolled the window, took the picture, and then went to roll the window back up.....but no.  The window had other things in mind I guess.  Broke (and $240 later - now fixed).  So, we got to drive home - through the canyon - at 10am to go switch vehicles.  Rod and Stef actually picked us up since they were going to meet us up in Eden anyway to go snow shoeing.

Finally, we get back up to Eden and rent our snow shoes.  I was so excited!  I told Bry that I wanted to do something we'd never done before.  A couple of years ago we saw some snow shoes for sale at Sams Club and we almost bought them, but decided not to since we'd never been.  (I'm going to have to talk Bry into getting us some now!)  We get to the place....and I realize I forgot the new compact camera I just bought for the trip!  Ugh!  But of course I still had my big one on hand. 

And last - we walk down to the place where we're going to start snow shoeing....and discover that Bry's snowshoe is broke!  Ha ha!  Usually I would say it just wasn't our day, but I still had a blast!  Luckily, Rod had a cord thing and we all played a little McGyver and got it to work.  We spent the day out in the mountains.  It was a gorgeous day!




The boys trying to fix Bry's snowshoe....

Bry's shot....




And then we got goofy... I don't really remember why we thought it was cool to jump up and down. 
But it was hilarious.  It's even funnier when you scroll through the pictures really fast....you get the full effect.  Ha ha!




Two good lookin' guys - I particularly think the one on the right is HOT!!





And as Heidi tells me - Cheese ball!!!!




These two are so in love.

I liked how you could see Stef in his glasses.

Rod got a hold of my camera and was playing the whole "You're a tiger!  You're an animal!"  Bry and I couldn't dissapoint him.  We had to make him feel like....a professional!

It kills me how much Bryan looks like he's straining in this picture....not to mention my derriere looks huge!  We'll blame it on the snow pants....






Rod making us laugh...I don't know what he was doing (other than eating snow), but he kept saying things like "Yep!  It's fresh.  I'd say about 8 hours old."  He cracks me up.



He's such a handsome guy if I say so myself.





Whenever I see a river, I immediately think of you Bry.  It's a part of you...



Bry,
I don't even really know where to start.  But thank you for a great weekend.  For thinking of me and making it a great memory.  You made my heart smile this weekend.  And that's a pretty big deal in my book.  I'm happy that you're mine.  You made your "old lady" feel pretty dang special.

Love, your Amb



2 comments:

The Smyth Family

What a fun getaway! Sounds (and looks) like you had a blast! Way to go Bry!

Ashley

Happy Birthday cute girl!! Love all your gorgeous pictures in the snow. Looks like such a great get-a-way.