CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

February 2, 2012

4 months already?!

Dear Brody,
I can't believe you are already 4 months old!  I cannot get enough of you and completely love having you in our home.....in our lives.  You bring a smile to EVERYONES face around here.  Daddy can come home from a rough day at work, but right when you see him you give him the biggest smile and completely change daddy's attitude.  I know it makes his whole day!  Right now you LOVE (did I mention love?) to be talked to.  You love having somebody right up in your "grill" - most of the time.  The minute we walk away you start to wimper.  You are such a good sleeper.  I lay you down for nap or bedtime - you smile at me - turn your head into your blanket and go right to sleep.  You still wake up about once a night.  But deep down, I really don't mind (for now) because I love the way you feel in my arms.  You still fit so perfect and love to be held.  But you're not too big on snuggling lately.  You want to be facing out so that you can see everything that's going on.  You love to coo and "talk".  We all laugh at all of the little sounds you're constantly making.  You always have one or both of your hands in your mouth.  Daddy's afraid you're going to be a thumb sucker!  I love the red tint in your hair and those blue eyes.  But this past week, I've seen a hint of green in them.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be the one to get your dad's green eyes. 

You've had a horrible cold, double ear infection and a mild case of pink eye for the past week.  But you'd never know you were that sick because you are always so stinkin' happy!

I've said this before, but really, we all just completely adore you.  Garrett has now become "brave" and I've caught him carrying you around a little bit.  He's so proud of himself!  But it makes me a little nervous.  He loves to kiss your hands and feet - constantly!  Brynlee totes you around like you're one of her baby dolls.  At least she hasn't tried to dress you in girl clothes (yet!).  She is so good with you and now makes a lot of your bottles.  You're so lucky to have two older siblings that love you so much.  I pray that the three of you will always be close.

Thank you for choosing to come to our little family.  You came at the right time - a time when I needed your sweet spirit in my life so badly.

I love you my little chunky monkey.

Mommy








These were taken the morning of my birthday.  Rett wanted to take some pictures so bad.  He did pretty good and caught some of those cute "Brody smiles".