CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

September 29, 2012

Welcome to the Carnival!

What better theme than a carnival for our little monkey?!

Bry's cousin Aubrie helped me plan the whole thing.  She has the best ideas!  We both were bummed that she couldn't come help set everything up.  She had her baby the day before the party.  She's so much better at this stuff than me!  It didn't turn out how I (or should I say Aubrie?) envisioned it - like I said - I'm not very good at this stuff.  But it turned out cute anyway.  Aubrie made darling invitations and water bottle labels.  They were perfect!  I was even going to do a photo booth, but things got a little hectic and we didn't get pictures of everyone.  Just a group picture with all the kids and then our little family.




















Brody would not even touch his cake!  He wasn't feeling the greatest - go figure!  All 3 of our kids have been sick on their first birthday!  So, Bry thought he'd help him out a bit.  A little cake in the face never hurt....  Brody wasn't too thrilled.  But everyone else thought it was pretty funny.

  

















 
I can't believe our little man is one already.  Honestly, it makes my heart hurt a little.  I want my baby to stay a baby for a while longer.  He's such a mama's boy - but there is no complaining coming from me.  He follows me everywhere and is always tangled up around my feet.  He's the spitting image of his dad - no joke.  So, no wonder I'm smitten over him!  He loves to head butt his dad.  Hope he never tries it with me!  He's ticklish - and we have found out that he is really ticklish in the same spot as his dad - his feet!  He loves to jibber jabber.  He says Dada all the time, Mama (only when he's upset), and "K".  I've done sign language with him and he'll sign 'more', 'thank you' and 'please'.  He's not walking yet, but really close.  He'll stand on his own and gets so excited at his accomplishment!  He squeels and gives us the biggest and cheesiest grin.  He'll walk if he holds on to one of our hands.

Brody is the happiest little guy.  Rarely fussy - except he has had ear infections like crazy so the last few weeks have been rough.  But he's getting tubes late October so hopefully that will help!  He loves to play with Brynlee and Garrett and for the most part they love playing with him too.  He always has us laughing!  He has started "dancing".  Whenever music comes on, or whenever we say "Brody!  Dance!", he just starts shaking his little butt back and forth and every once in a while he'll throw a shoulder shimmy in.  Cracks us up everytime. 

We all completely love our Brodster!!!

1 comments:

Joni and Rico Adams

Okay Amb this is the CUTEST party ever! Love the theme, love all the decor. You're such a super mom.