May started out with a bang. We had our first campfire in the backyard and decided to make dinner over the fire. I love hobo dinners - and these didn't dissapoint!
And then Bry - the cool dad that he is - surprised the kids and made glow in the dark bubbles.
He pretty much rocks.
I surprised the kids after school one day and picked them up at the bus stop. We went to Farr's for ice cream and got to see my Aunt Sherrie that works there. Fun afternoon for sure!
(and I was the cooles mom....for an hour. Sometimes you gotta bribe 'em.)
And yes - my awesome girl's day with Ang.
We're awesome.
Bry's grandparents left on another mission, so before they left we got together for a BBQ.
This boy is always a hit at family functions. With that face, how could you not be?
Mother's Day.
I love being a mom - even through the many struggles I go through, I still try my hardest to find joy in it all.
We tried to get a picture with me and the chickens, but no luck. There was no cooperation whatsoever.
We had a delicious dinner at my mom and dad's. I made my yummy mint brownies. Bry helped. I turned around and found this little message he snuck in.
Sick babies are no fun. Pink eye, fever, cough. The works.
But what a sweet thing to find that he had sought comfort from his big brother and fell asleep.
This is that "joy in motherhood" I was talking about....
One morning, I couldn't make it to the gym. Brody became my gym partner in the basement.
I must've worked him to hard.
Squats and lunges will do that to a person...
Another eye checkup for this beauty.
Unfortunately her eye isn't getting better.
So, now we are trying a new route. We have to dialate her good eye for 2 months to see if it will make the bad one work harder. This is what she will look like for the next 2 months - CRAZY EYES!
But she's a tough cookie. No complaint at all (except for the first couple of days where it gave her a headache). She just makes sure she has her sunglasses when she goes outside - since it makes her eye super sensitive to the light.
Finished up soccer!! Post coming soon...
Lots of time outside enjoying the sunshine.
Brody always begs to go outside....and kicks and screams when it's time to come in.
Clint let Brody come help fly a kite one afternoon.
Fun rides from daddy!
This boy adores his daddy.
A lot.
Lots of visits to the greenhouse! Bry and I decided to try a garden this year. We've only attempted a garden like twice our whole marriage - never really had much luck. So, we'll see how it goes.
Lots of cuddles from my cuddle bug. I'm so glad he loves to cuddle!
It's true what they say...
The best dads never grow up.
Don't be fooled - it was hilarious watching his attempts.
I love the sweet moments I get to see as a mother and a wife.
I hope their bond lasts forever and ever.
And I hope he does this still when she's a teenager.
Memorial Day BBQ at my parents.
Complete with swimming in the hot tub!
Beautiful sunset after a photoshoot up Ogden Canyon.
Doing a craft night with some friends once a month. I actually finished a craft!!!!
I was pretty proud of myself. True - it took me 3 months, but hey, it's done!
This kid's 2 favorite places - the counter and our window sill! Crazy monkey.
I can't keep him away from either spot!
Driving home one night....
I made Bry pull over real quick so I could take a picture with my phone. Then all of a sudden he starts speeding. He pulls in the driveway and tells me to run and get my camera. He knows how much I LOVE a sunset. He drove all the way to the bottom of Hooper to get as close as he could so I could get some great pictures. Maybe I'll have to post some of them....
Lunch date with daddy.
I had saved up some money from some photoshoots....and decided to spoil myself.
Bry took his lunch and met me at the fly fishing shop.
Treated myself to some new waders and boots.
Even got myself a free t-shirt cause I spent so much. Haha!
Great fishing trips planned in the future folks!
Brody sure loves mowing the lawn with Bry.
This is a common sight whenever Bry's outside.
Bryn had her 2nd grade program. She even had a speaking part which she memorized and did a fantastic job! Even though she had to tiptoe to reach the microphone. We love our midget!!
Two of her buddies after the program
Madison, Sydney and Bryn
And then, all of these kidlets decided to start collecting rocks. They've come up with quite the collection.
They organized them all and started having "rock sales".
The things they come up with.....
Love it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment