CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

July 1, 2013

Soccer!

I didn't grow up in an athletic family.  My brother played T-ball for a couple of years when we were little, but that's about it. 

So signing the kids up for soccer was exciting for me.  Honestly, I felt a little giddy. 

And going to the store to pick out soccer cleats and shin guards and soccer balls!

 I may have tried to live a little through the kids.

And they both got to be the same number - 6!

I discovered a few things during their soccer games....

1) I can be one of those annoying parents always yelling at their kid.  It wasn't a mad yell.  More like an overly - okay - crazy excited mother yell.  Now Bry, he's more of a "get your head in the game" yell.  I had to remind him that Garrett's team was a bunch of Kindergartners.  Haha!  And when a few of them started playing patty-cake on the field......well, that just about threw him over the edge!

2) Garrett makes the funniest faces when he's running.

3) Brynlee can be quite competitive...when she wants to be.

4) And....Spring soccer is FREEZING!!!!  I think we only had 2 games where we weren't popsicles by the end.  I'm hoping fall soccer is a tad bit warmer.

The kids loved it!  I really loved watching them work hard and get excited.  Granted, there were some days that they just wanted to mess around on the field.......  But I loved seeing them active and engaged in something other than video games and TV!











And just one of Bry cause he's so stinkin' handsome.



















Bry even got to coach Rett's team one game.  Hottest coach I've ever seen!





0 comments: