Yes, it's true. Our "little" Brynlee has started Kindergarten!!!!!!
I really can't believe I have a Kindergartner. Where did the last 6 years go?! Brynlee has been so excited for school since she was about 4. And so far, she loves it.
Here is the "Orientation day" - which actually was a huge bummer, because we were only there for like 20 minutes and then they were like "okay, see you in a week!" What?! You want me to tell this child that is so flippin' excited for school that she has to wait a whole other week?! Yep, that's how it goes.
(You can see part of Garrett's arm in the background. He was a crazy man at the school...)
She wasn't feeling the best on the day of orientation. A dang cold had to be going around our house...notice her cute little red nose.
And then it finally arrived!! The 1st day of school. She didn't want me to drive her to school. She made it very clear that she was going to ride the bus!
"Impatiently" waiting for the bus
Oh dear, my heart started racing at this moment......(I love how her best friend Makayla - who is a 1st grader this year - put her arm around Bryn).
And...she's getting on the bus...
And there it goes....
Well, I couldn't just send her on the bus and hope she gets off and finds her class. So.....my friend Amanda and I followed the bus to school. Yep - I did. And when Brynlee get off the bus, there I was jumping up and down with my camera in hand yelling Brynlee!! Brynlee!!! She seriously looked at me as if I was some insane lady....turned and walked the other way! Poor thing - I'm already embarrasing her. ha ha! But look, she got off the bus just fine. (Makayla already sees the crazy lady jumping up and down.....)
Good thing I caught up with her for one final picture. Such a fun memory. (Garrett decided to play shy for a moment.)
We love you bug. Really.



2 comments:
Oh how precious!! I just love it! I can't believe she really is in school? Oh I miss my helper!! Love ya
Kindergarten (sigh) I remember those first days and wanting them to "need" our support and love but they are SO ready for school and leave us there wondering where our baby went.... It's funny about the bus and you screaming her name.... just remember as she gets older you will embarrass her less and she will you more (lol)
Lots of Love,
Becki
Post a Comment