Lately, I've really felt a need to simplify my life. I love to be busy, but lately I've felt...overwhelmed & stressed. Just ask Bry.... I sure am lucky and blessed to have him. He's been pretty patient with me. I've been in a slump which usually doesn't hit me until January.
I have some wonderful people in my life that have really made me think about what kind of things I really need to worry about and what things just aren't a big deal - in the big picture. I've tried to not get mad about little things or let those little things bug me... But this morning - Brynlee came running in and told me that there was a carton of icecream under one of the chairs in the kitchen...melting all over the floor. I was trying to get the kids ready and out the door and it was time to go. All of a sudden I hear Rett run and hide under the table. He knew he was in trouble. I really tried to stay calm and handed him a rag to clean it up. But I still got upset. And then on the way to work, I chuckled. It really was funny. That little stink is always getting in to stuff and doing things that he shouldn't. Lately, he's colored on Brynlee's door, on the trim around the closet door, poked a hole in the side of the couch with my seam ripper (don't get mad Bry....you don't even notice it ;), drew on Bryn's table in her room, stuffed dvd's in the vcr (almost ruined the vcr - yes, we still have one of those), and the list goes on. I've heard that I'll miss those days when he's grown. Somedays I wonder if that will be really true. But right now, I think I would....a little bit.
Both of my kidlets are growing so fast.
Too fast lately. Garrett will be 4 in less than 2 weeks. FOUR! That can't be.
So, in my quest to simplify, I've been trying (not very successfully) to stop and relax for a minute and enjoy the kids. I took them to one of my new favorite places a couple of weeks ago just to walk with me....and of course do a little photoshoot (hey my camera makes me happy ;)...and so do these 2 little faces.
I'm crazy about all of the sunflare.....
6 years ago








6 comments:
You are so right... I think this is something we all strugle with I know I do.. And thank you for teh reminder.
Love ya!
These are beautiful Amber! How are you feeling?
All I can say is been there... done that and got the T-Shirt!! Your a great MOM and Bryan is a great FATHER!! You have darling children,(of course I'm a proud grandma:)) they will give you tons of memories. Pick your battles and laugh at what you can!!! Love you all tons!!!
Well Amb! don't worry no kids are perfect@! I guess as mom's you have to get ticked and then when your over it. A good laugh never hurt anyone. Right? I think being a mom always bring people GREAAAAT joy most of all.
You are so cute! Miss you!
Post a Comment