CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

March 23, 2012

Little miss Susie Homemaker?

Okay, so I am definitely not the "homemaker" I always thought I would be.  I mean, I grew up with a mom that pretty much made everything from scratch.  Made homemade meals more times in a week than I do in probably two.  She sewed our clothes when I was young (yes - even our underwear), made doll clothes for neighbors to earn extra money.  Baked fresh bread and rolls a lot.

Well, I'm not like that.  It used to really bother me when my mom would say "I don't know where you came from!"  Because I can be pretty different from my family.  But I guess as I get older.....I'm okay with that.  I guess I'm good in other areas (still trying to figure those out...).  But I'm okay with just being....ME!

I like trying new things - especially lately.  I've made some hair clips for Bryn, bought material to make a skirt for her (Trista, I totally need your help!!), been trying new recipes, and now.....I'm making my own baby food!  I actually made plans to while I was still pregnant.  Baby food can be pricey, so I thought I could save us money by doing it myself.  And I really enjoy it!  I feel like I'm actually "providing" for that cute little baby - something I did myself.  Yes...I may be tooting my own horn.  Sometimes you gotta do that.

Keiko surprised me one day with this awesome baby food maker.  Seriously - I'm in love!  It is so cool!!!
The pears and apples were a hit!  It took some getting used to the sweet potatoes and carrots.




Success!! :)


 

1 comments:

The Thurgoods

Go you Domestic Diva!!! I would totally be tooting my horn if I made baby food!!!