CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

March 8, 2012

Time Out For Women

I had heard about Time Out For Women a couple of years ago, but really didn't know a lot about it.  A few months ago I saw an advertisement for it and read into it.  I was hooked.  The past couple of years have been......a "little" hard.  And this year I want to change things.  I want to be better.  For Bry.  For my kidlets.  For my friends.  For me.

But, I found out that it was coming to Layton a little too late.  It was already sold out.  But I was determined to somehow get there.  My friend Ang and I started discussing going to the one in Idaho Falls.  But then I'd have to find the money for a hotel room.  (Too bad you didn't live closer to Idaho Falls Ang!!)  I started "stalking" TOFW's facebook page hoping someone would have some tickets to sell.  They posted that they were going to sell tickets for Friday night only for $20 at 5:15 the night before.  I sat at the computer for a half hour just waiting because I knew they would go fast.  And as the time approached.....Nothing.  I couldn't find where to purchase the tickets.  I started to cry.  Yep!  I'm a baby.  I wanted to go so bad.  I needed this!  Then LUCK (or I think of it more as a blessing) - Someone posted that they had 2 tickets to sell.  I messaged the lady.  She had just sold one of the tickets but still had one left.  I told her I'd take it.  I cried again.  Bry thought I had lost it I'm sure.  But he drove to the bank, got the money and took me to the lady's house right then.  And the next night I went by myself.  Another blessing....I ran into my dear friend Trish who lived next door to me and Bry in Clinton for 5 years.  She, her mom and sisters invited me to sit with them.  So generous of them.  They even invited me to eat lunch with them on Saturday.

It was amazing.  I loved every. single. minute. of it all.  The speakers were incredible.  The messages inspiring.  It was what I needed to start this year off.

I thought I'd share a few of the things I loved....

The theme was "Seek the Good". (2 Nephi 28:30)
Perfect theme.  Something I'm striving for this year! 

*We learn from challenges - not success's.
*People who expose their weekness's -  we admire them and don't think less of them.
***Maybe faith isn't so much what you feel.  It's what you do when you're not feeling it.
*Let it Go!
*Saving and healing takes time.
*We compare our whole selves to someone's good idea....STOP!
*We compare the worst part of ourselves to the best parts of others.
*Seek out the good that is the best part of you.
*Joy in the Journey:  We get so set on the future - we miss what's right in front of us.
*Only compare yourself to the BEST version of yourself.

One of my favorite quotes from the weekend:  "Greatness is best measured by how well an individual responds to the happenings in life that appear to be totally unfair, unreasonable and undeserved."  I want to live my life like that.  I hope I can remember that in every situation I'm faced with.

*What if the trials in this life are His mercies in disguise?
*Our feelings are not mortal issues.  They are an expression of our authentic selves.
*It's our job to find joy and happiness.
*Acknowledge the good in ourselves.



0 comments: