CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

April 10, 2013

Our March Madness

March turned out to be a crazy month with lots to do!  But I think I say that every month.....

Spring keeps teasing us around here.  I just want the warm weather to come and stay. 
We've all had a little cabin fever, so we got out for a walk one Sunday afternoon.  It was still a little chilly, but wonderful to get out.



Brody LOVES to be outside.  We've gone on numerous walks around our little block, but it takes a while.  He has to stop and pick up every.single.rock he finds to throw it back where it belongs.  It's so cute......until about 1/2 way through.  Then we usually throw him on our shoulders.







Brody discovered how to put on Brynlee's headbands.  He wore this for most of the day. 
Love it with that curly hair!


Girl's night!!!!  I got together with some friends from highschool.  Some I haven't seen since our Senior trip.  It was wonderful.  My friend Treasure (in the polka dot shirt) is one of those people that just makes everyone happy.  Some things we talked about were an answer to many prayers.  Love all of them!!
(from left:  Kristin, Treasure, me, Mandee, Ashley, Janae)

I taught Brynlee how to braid. 
Now she just wants to put my hair in a bunch of little braids. 
It's quite relaxing. 

Our first Hockey game!  Bry was able to get tickets for us from work.  We almost gave up and went home because parking was a complete joke!  It was freezing outside and I swear we had to park a mile away.  But I'm so glad we braved it.  The kids loved it and it was a lot of fun spending time together. 

Brody didn't move the whole time (other than to throw fishy crackers at the people in front of us - good thing they thought it was cute).  He was glued to the game the whole time!

This little one would live outside if I would let him. 
Whenever Bryn and Rett run outside he stands at the door - sometimes crying -
until they come back and get him. 

Little naps while we go on walks. 

I wish my picture was better.... a highlight of the month:  I got to go hear a program put on by Mercy River.  An LDS singing group that I just love.  They came to my mom and aunts Stake.  It was beautiful.
 And my sweet and lovely Grandma came to the program, too.  I got to drive her home.  She's a trooper to take a picture with me while standing in her driveway late at night.  I love her more than words...

Green pancakes for St. Patty's Day! 
And the sneaky little Leprechaun left Skittles in the pantry.

Bryn enjoying the warmth from the window. 

While out in the yard with me one day, Brody found a new friend.  A worm. 


Still adding quotes to my quote book. 
This was a favorite this month. 

Ritual.  Every night.  He has to have his woobie as he runs down the hall for bed.
Darling that one. 

I was getting ready for work one day and heard the kids giggling behind me.  I turned around to see what they were up to.  Brody couldn't climb on Rett's back for a ride.....so they improvised.  Garrett was crawling all over the house like that with Brody sitting on his legs. 

A chair just his size. 

Poor little stink stabbed himself in the corner of his eye with a pencil. 

It's started.  We have now become soccer parents. 
Soccer Monday-Thursday.  Every week.  

Buddies for sure.  This little one lights up when his daddy gets home.
Having fun playing in Daddy's new sleeping bag. 


1st soccer practice.  It was coooooold. 

Early Birthday surprise for Joni.  A little "pre-workout".   

And then she left me for 6 months.  The gym has been weird and a little lonely without her.
But I promised I wouldn't "let myself go" while she was away.  Haha! 

Oh and more of this little stinker.  It got quiet.  Which means trouble.  I found him in his closet eating a chocolate bunny of Garrett's.  All he did was look at me and say "Cheese"! 


Brody wanted to help me put together our new kitchen table and chairs. 
Smart little guy. 

While getting ready one morning, this note was slipped under the bathroom door.
A little translation:  "Dear Mom, I packed my bag and left to California."
Yep.  He was mad at me.  Breakfast didn't come when he wanted it to.
After he slipped that under the door, I heard Brynlee tell him that he needed a passport to get to California.  Glad she's watching out for him.... 

I have some amazing people in my life.  This is one of them.  She's the one who got me interested in photography so many years ago.  We had to make time to see each other since she was visiting from Idaho.  We were out until after 2am - talking, laughing, crying, and laughing some more.  Incredible friendship. 

Sometimes you just have to buy things that make you happy!
Color makes me happy. 

Me and my sweet Grandma Read. 
Such a classy lady. 

Another girl's night - but this time with my best girl!
Pedi's and ice cream were on the agenda. 
And we stopped and did a little shopping.
We couldn't help ourselves! 


One of Bryn's besties had an awesome 8th birthday party!  And I got to help my friend Amanda.
It was a Spa treatment - complete with facials, pedicures and manicures.  I handled all of the manicures for the night.  Such a fun, fun party! 

1 comments:

Em

So many things I love in here. Thanks for keeping your life full of great things.