CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

May 1, 2013

Pretty Rad...

That's pretty much how April was for me.  So many moments that I'll cherish.
Don't get me wrong - I had plenty of "those dreaded moments".  You know what I'm talking about.
But this month, I tried hard to look at things a little different.  And when those not-so-nice things popped up, I tried to embrace them, deal with them and let them go.

I heard a quote at a retreat I attended this last weekend:
"Crazy moments outnumber the beautiful moments,
but the beautiful moments outweigh the crazy moments."

I love that.  What a great perspective to try and have in every situation.
Sometimes my crazy moments rule my day.
But I'm pretty sure I can find a couple of beautiful moments that will beat them all!

Here's a rundown of our April....

April 1st:  Not a fun April fool's joke from Brody.  He had too much fun with my glasses...

Our power went out one day during spring break for like 4-5 hours!  And the weather was cold and yucky.  So, we dumped out all of the toys on the floor.  I know - I'm creative.
  
The mighty bowhunter and his apprentices.  Pretty sure there are some great hunts ahead! 
All of the boys have their very own bows now.

The weather has been tempermental.  Freazing cold one day and the next short weather! 
So, every nice day we were sure to get out and enjoy it!


Brody is laying on Garrett's skateboard and going down the driveway. 
He did this over and over....

Garrett had a fieldtrip to the Children's Museum!  It was on a day that I'm supposed to go in to work, but my boss was nice and let me switch days so that I could go.  I was just going to drive and meet them there, but Rett said I had to ride the bus.  If anyone knows me - I get super car sick!  But I survived and it made his day.


  
Lots and lots of soccer games!!  More to come on that.


It has started.  
Brynlee got her first love note from a boy in her class.

Enjoying the scenery while shooting Bridals one day.



One of Brynlee's best friends, Sydney, got baptized.  Bryn wanted to wear her baptism dress too so that they could get a picture together.  I'm so glad that Bryn has such good friends!

It was a Monday.  And the Explorer broke down.  No bueno. 
Thank goodness for a sweet Mother-in-law who showed up to rescue me and the boys.
Gotta love the photo bomber though.

Be still my heart!  I'm a complete sucker for that smile and those eyes. 
We were grocery shopping and Brody saw the huge stack of balls.  The kid loves balls!
He looked at me and yelled balls all excited!  How could I say no?!?!

Watch out!  Brody's drivin'!  One of his favorite things to do. 
No worries - it was just on our little street.

My friend Krista worked her butt off for a figure competition.  Her hubby hired me to take some pictures of her.  She looked awesome!  Great motivation for me!

Cute little Brody LOVES shoes - especially his big brother's soccer shoes.


We had a BBQ at the Larsen's.  Brody loved playing with Great Grandpa Durrant.



Trying so hard to stay warm at Bryn's soccer game.  The wind has been relentless!

I was working in the back flower beds and I look up to see Brody talking to the cows.  I missed a great picture when one of the cows was staring right at Brody.  Pretty funny.

Oh yes.  Demolition man (aka. Garrett!) took a hammer to one of our nice landscape rocks out front.
Little rascal.

Me and my mama.  I photographed a wedding the end of the month.  The bride is the daughter of my parents best friends.  So, I got to spend the day with my parents, too.
Bry was my "assistant" all day.  I'm bummed I didn't get a picture of us together. 
So nice of him to spend his whole Saturday carrying all of my gear and letting me boss him around.
I love him so. 
 
The bride was also the niece of some good friends of ours.  We took advantage of the photobooth they had set up.  Natalie said this was our polygamy picture.  Hahaha!
 
And then to end on this gem.  I was going through our wedding album and found this.  We were engaged and joked with our parents that we were going to use this picture for our wedding announcements.  We sure are a goofy couple.  But it was a sweet reminder of why I fell in love with him.



0 comments: