CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

May 22, 2013

Race for the Cure

Cancer sucks.

Breast cancer is a high risk in my family.  My grandma, 2 of her sisters and now my Aunt Margie have had it.  My Aunt Margie is in the thick of chemo right now and we're all rooting for her! 
And my beautiful Grandma is a survivor
I remember her staying with us after she had her mastectomy. 
She had such a great attitude which has stuck with me.

A bunch of us got together to support my Aunt Margie at the "Susan G Komen Race for the Cure" in Salt Lake.  Some walked, some ran.  Bry didn't even hesitate when I asked him to do this with me last minute.  There were thousands - literally thousands of people there.  Running was like an obstacle course. 
But I loved it.
I found myself choked up on several occassions just seeing all of the people supporting loved ones who are fighting, those who have won the fight and those that have now left their families and friends.  It was an incredible thing.

I know I've said it many times, but I completely love and adore this darling lady. 
I love how she kisses my cheek and squeezes my hand every single time she sees me. 
I love her laugh.  I love how she likes my kids to call her Grandma Cougar
I love how she still calls me Ambie.
And I love how much she loves her family.

Bry and I never saw the family as we were running, so after we crossed the finish line we turned around and walked back to find everyone.  I was surprised to see my cousin Becki who lives in Florida!  I didn't even know she was in town!  I miss seeing my cousins like I did when we were growing up.

And this man.....

My darling parents.  My mom has some issues with her legs and feet which keep her from being able to walk for very long.  My dad pushed her in her wheelchair for 3.1 miles.  What a great example of love I have to look up to.



This got to me - My grandma and Aunt Margie got out of their wheelchairs right before the finish line and walked across it together.  This is what beauty is people.
Finish Strong!
We love you Aunt Margie!  You're a survivor!

0 comments: