CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

May 6, 2014

Saying goodbye to winter

I love winter....
For about 1 month.
And then I'm done.
So, when we get to say goodbye to winter I feel a little renewed.
I feel happier and have a little more energy.
 
March was busy.
Full of home projects!!
Bry and I have wanted so badly to do some bigger projects in our home,
but as we all know - that crap takes MONEY!!!
We were very blessed this year to have things work out in our favor to accomplish a couple of things.
 
While working on our kitchen project, Brody came in the house from playing outside and fell asleep on the couch.  He curls up just like I do. 
 
I needed a girls day.
So, I surprised Bryn and checked her out of school early for shopping at Farmington station.
We had a lot of fun!
And she's always willing to take silly selfies with me.
She said I looked hot in this hat and that I should've bought it.  Haha!
I love her goofy little self. 
 
We don't take the kids out to eat at a nicer restaraunt very often.
Anyone with very active children can understand how stressful a situation like that can be.
But Bry and I have been wanting to do it more often.
So, we gave it a try for Family Night.
We took the kids to Applebee's.
And the night was incredible to me.
Nothing spectacular happened.
But the kids were GREAT!
We laughed.
And I felt happy.
That's my incredible.
 
And Brody found a new way to eat his yogurt.
With no utensils.
 
Monthly Temple Night!
Definitely something we look forward to every month.
We have set a date on the calendar every month to go with Clint and Mandee.
And this night was incredibly special to us as friends.
Sacred and special.
We are incredibly thankful for them and their unwavering friendship.
Clint was put in the bishopric 2 days later! 

 
Mandee knew I was having a hard time and showed up at my door with this.
Great friends know what you need....
A little pampering and a little Jesus.
 
This may be a little embarassing, but Brody and I have a little too much fun taking pictures with my phone.  Brody caught this gem while hanging out in my room one afternoon.  Oh dear....
 
Oh Garrett!
He came running in the house one night - right before his first Blue and Gold banquet - screaming his head off.  I calmly walked over to him to see what was wrong.  He pulled his hand away from his head and blood started squirting out. 
The kid does not do well with blood.
But surprisingly, I actually stayed calm.
Bry and I inspected the wound and asked Garrett what had happened.
Come to find out he had hit himself in the back of the head with a hammer!
WHAT?!
No stitches were needed.
But his favorite t-shirt I was unable to save.
By the way, he was SO MAD that Bry and I were taking pictures!
But afterwards, he had to show everyone we came in contact with.

 
That face, is the face of a little stinker!
I had fixed the kids breakfast and ran to get in the shower.
When I got out of the shower, I could hear Garrett laughing hysterically and what sounded like spraying water.
So I threw a towel on and walked in the kitchen.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Brody was sitting on the counter with the spray nozzel - soaking the kitchen!
He was spraying back and forth trying to get Garrett - that explains Garrett's hysterical laughter.
I swear there was inch of water on the floor.
It took 7 big towels to soak up all the water.
Little rascal. 


 
Best Buddies and major trouble!!
Meet mini Bryan and mini Clint.
I think Bry and Clint should reinact this picture.
Haha!

 
Eating cupcakes after Kassidee's baptism. 
 
2nd shooting with my friend Ashlee.
We have the worst luck with weather on our weddings! 
But that doesn't stop us from having fun and getting great pics!
We always take silly selfies while we're killing time....
It poured cats and dogs.  Seriously!
I spent most of the time just trying to cover Ash with the umbrella and drying her camera off.
We were FREEZING by the time we were done.

 


 
Moving day.
After being in this office for 8 years, we moved.
It was sad.
Leaving the friends I've made over the last 8 years. 
 
What a sweet husband to take off half the day to come and help me put together my new desk in my new office.  That thing was a pain in the butt!!!
 
Bry sure is enjoying his boy more and more as he gets older. 
Garrett got to go pheasant hunting with Bry, Rod and Russ.
Of course he loved it.
 
Started our next big project!!
SO EXCITED!!!!
 
Park time while visiting Russ and Keiko one night.
The kids were getting a little crazy, so Russ grabbed some outdoor toys and we headed over to the park.  Beautiful, but cold night.
But this is what I love.
These little moments in my world.

 
I put together a dinner for some of our biggest clients in Salt Lake at the Gateway.
There was a booth set up where you could write down an act of happiness you were going to focus on.  Amy and I participated and of course with me around - everything is a photo opp!
 
Brody sneaking pics of me while chillin' on the hammock.
 
My big helper. 
He'll be a helper as long as I'm doing it with him.
 
I ended the month by shooting some baptism pics of this little beauty at the Salt Lake Temple
I was so excited and we had a lot of fun. 
The blossoms were dreamy.
And I felt the holiness from where I stood.
Standing on Holy Ground and remembering our wedding day.

 
I had to take a quick pic in the spot Bry proposed and send it to him.
I stood there for a minute and relished the memories of that day.
The things he said and the happiness I felt.
 
Little reminders of things I need to work on.

0 comments: