CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

August 20, 2011

The Mountains...for a day

One thing we have really missed this year was spending a lot of time in the mountains.  We're usually hiking, 4-wheeling and camping all summer long.  But this summer - we hadn't been once.  The Larsens have a campout every year in the Uintah's, so we wanted to at least go up and spend the day with them. 

As soon as we got to Evanston, a thousand memories flooded my mind.  Going to the Uintah's was something we did as a family several times during the summer when I was growing up.  It was fun showing Brynlee the road the area that my Grandma Butcher lived on - right before you get to the Uintah's.  I thought about the wonderful memories I have with my parents and brother there.  Lately, those things mean a little bit more to me.  And it is something that Bry and I want to have with our children - those sweet memories of our little family....

The day was beautiful, relaxing and fun.  And hotter than I thought it would be!  Grandpa said that it was the hottest day the whole week.  Brynlee wasn't too happy that I forgot to bring shorts for her.  Luckily, the pants I had brought for Rett also zipped off in to shorts.  The kids loved playing with Great Grandpa's bows and arrows, Uncle Trent's BB guns, blowing bubbles that Great Grandma had brought for them, playing in the river (Bry enjoyed that too!), and just exploring.  Bry and the guys brought their bows and shot for awhile and I played games with the ladies and of course took pictures. Cory, Trudy, Traci, Grandma and Grandpa made some awesome food!!  Next year, we hope to be able to stay a lot longer.

I love her new little smile!  Just wish the other top tooth would've fallen out at the same time. 
Her teeth grow back so fast it's crazy!










Watch out boys!!!




Bry's cousin, Kirsty, taught Brynlee how to do Boondoggle - she loved it!




This little daredevil loves to swim and wanted to try and swim to her dad.  It was only a few feet and the water was freezing, but that didn't stop her!  Her dad sure loves that she is so anxious and unafraid to try something new.


Well, just a few feet wasn't going to do.....she then wanted to go out in the open and try to go a longer distance.  The water was a little faster and still freezing which I think kinda scared her, but of course - daddy was there to "rescue" her!





And this little guy....he was perfectly content sitting on a rock without touching the water.  But dad wanted him to at least try to get in the water.  Not a good idea.  Rett was hysterical and not happy about it at all!



But after a little pep talk and comforting from daddy......

It was all fun and games!  But he still wouldn't get back in the water.


1 comments:

Heidi

How cute! Love your little storyline pictures of Garrett - it made me laugh! Brynlee sure is a dare devil, she'll try anything once. You're in so much trouble! Hahahahaha!!!! She's like her Aunt Heidi (except maybe just a little prettier) haha! Glad you guys had fun, sounds like a perfect day! Let's camp it next year!