CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

August 25, 2011

For me...

"When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord."
Elder David A. Bednar

I believe this with all my heart.  I am truly thankful for those "tender mercies" that have rescued me so many times lately.  Especially when I've spent countless times on my knees begging for something - something that I wasn't even sure of what it was.  I just needed...Him.  And honestly, I didn't get what I thought I needed - I wanted Him to take it all away.  Just take these burdens, trials, injustices away.  Instead of taking them away, He has strengthened my back to bear what I needed to learn from.

I read this about a month ago on a hard....very hard day.  "We don't always know why the Lord allows our challenges, or why He doesn't take them away when we pray sincerely and often.  But we can be assured that He is in control and "that all these things shall give us experience, and shall be for our good."

"...The Lord is willing to grant me strength to deal with my problems.  And I know that although He doesn't always remove our burdens, He is always willing to help us carry them."

Do you ever look at your life and think "this is not at ALL what I pictured my life to be!"?  Sometimes it's better than you ever imagined and sometimes there are a few things that get thrown in to throw you for a loop.  Things that try to destroy everything you have.  Things that make you question....everything.  Times where you really have to take a step back and ask yourself what kind of person you are going to choose to be.  Our lives are full of choices.  And how we handle situations and how we want to be perceived is one of them. 

I've been faced with some situations like that recently.  And I've thought a lot about what kind of person I am and want to be.  My Savior is my Greatest Example in how to handle these "situations".  I'm nowhere near where or who I want to be, but I try.  Really hard.

Bry shared an experience with me.  And I hope he doesn't mind me sharing a little part of it.  I'm trying to talk him into putting some of it here on our blog so that I have it forever to show our children.  But something he said has stuck with me and I think of it often...  He was teaching Garrett to ride his bike and told him to keep peddling - no matter how hard it got or even if you fall, you just get right back on and keep peddling.  He thought of our Heavenly Father telling him "Bry, just keep peddling".  It will get better. 

So that's what I'm trying to do.  Just keep peddling.  There are times I'm not sure who's feet are peddling, but I just keep going.


Right before a much needed date night a couple of weeks ago....
I love him.
And wow!  He sure looks sexy.

4 comments:

Josh and Cara

Love you Amb! You're so good at writing your feelings. I'm thinking about you! Thanks for the reminder to just keep going even when it's hard!!

Mom

As Grandpa Durrant always says,"We're all in this together!"
We love you and are ALWAYS here for you!! When Lifes roads gets too rough to travel, turn to the master and continue to follow, If needed shift into 4wheel drive... it helps get over the big bumps!:) Love you always!

Simonsen Family

Pefetly written.. Sounds like my thoughts and feeling right now and wishing others would learn to trust and believe in our Heavenly Father and his plan for us and his love for us. I would LOVE to hear Bry's experience too. I love hearing faith promoting experiences. And of course I want to hear more about yours too ♥
Love the picture of you two together and I love your blog.... wish you would update more (hint hint)
Love ya

Heidi

A strong person knows they have strength enough for their journey, but a person of strength knows that it is in their journey where they will become strong.

Here's to a woman of strength :)

Lots of love
~Heidi