CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

August 9, 2011

Random Summer

This summer has flown by.  I can't believe school starts in 2 weeks!  My little girl will be a first grader and Rett is going to preschool.  Unfortunately, we haven't done a lot of really fun stuff this summer.  I started having some bad contractions the 1st week of July and so we've been taking it easy.  We haven't been camping once or 4-wheeling.  The 4-wheeling was nixed by the doc.  She understood my disappointment because she is also and outdoors lover.  But we'll do whatever we can to keep Brody safe and growing!   Luckily, the kidlets are still little and hopefully won't remember what a loser I've been this summer!  They're happy out playing with neighborhood friends and eating a gazillion popsicles...for now.

We really didn't do anything over the 4th of July - 1st time ever.  Bry and I needed some time with just us, so we let the kids go to Jackson Hole with Bry's family.  Uncle Dano and Aunt Heidi were so nice to take them up there.  Heidi knew I had a hard time letting them go, but sent me a few pictures of the kids while they were there.  They had a blast!  They saw lots of animals including a bear and ELK!  Rett was so excited to tell his dad that he saw (I think) 6 elk!!  Bry and I had a very...very! quiet weekend.  We would be eating dinner and just look at other and say it's too quiet!  We missed them.  But it was nice to be able to spend some time together - just the 2 of us.  We needed it.  The kids came home on the 4th and we sat on our deck and watched all of the different fireworks.  Good view - we could see like 4-5 different sets of fireworks.

Pics of the kids that Heidi sent me - they're at the parade in Jackson.


We've gone swimming at the pool, cooled off in the sprinklers...or with the hose, hung out at home playing with my phone, and gone to the park and petted a goat....



This is from June - I think I was about 26 weeks....















One of my favorite "treats" growing up was cucumbers in vinegar.  Every summer my mom always had a bowl in the fridge with this yummy treat in it.  Bry thinks it's disgusting, but I introduced the kids to it at the park and they LOVED it!  Just like their mom....


3 comments:

Derk, Heather, and Girls

Looks like you guys are having a great summer! The simple things are the best and the things I remember most from when I was a child!

Simonsen Family

haha we (my kids and I) love cucumbers and vinegar too. ROb thinks is gross as well (lol) - Oh summer fun in Utah.. I love the parades, fireworks, pioneer days, rodeo, and the fair..... Wish we were there... WE really need to move back!!!!!! Love the blog and to see some updates... and I love you girl!!!! ♥

Heidi

How fun! You are not a loser mom sometimes these are the best summers when you're not busy & can just be yourselfs and make memories up as you go! Lots of great pictures and look how happy the kids look in them! You look beautiful as always!