CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

June 5, 2012

April in a nutshell

I'm behind.  Pretty much in everything.  I have about 7 posts I need to get caught up on.

April, just like every month it seems, just flew by!

We started out the month with General Conference.  And in my opinion - a perfect way to start it out.  I loved listening to our Prophet and other leaders in the church.  There were a couple of talks that just hit home for me.  My favorite was Elder Eyrings and I have gone back and read/listened to it 3 times since.


The kids cuddling with dad and "watching" conference.

The season of mowing and yard work has hit full swing!  But we love it.  Bry loves mowing the lawn and I love working in my flower beds.  I get so excited every year for everything to turn green again!  On a really warm day, Bry packed Brody around while he mowed.  Brody fell asleep within like 10 minutes.










I had our nephew Jace over one day to play with the kids during spring break.  We were planning a trip to the park.  While I was inside finishing up a couple of things for work, Brynlee ran in and told me that the boys (Rett and Jace) had drawn on the Explorer with a screwdriver.  I ran outside and this is what I found.  Oh and a lot more down the side and on the back.  Um, ya, I wasn't the happiest camper and I may or may not have cussed.


Dentist appointments:  Garrett had no cavities (which completely surprised me.  Getting that kid to brush his teeth is torture.  Every day.  I'm not exaggerating).  And Brynlee?  2 cavities!!  That shocked me, because she brushes her teeth every morning and just about every night.  Poor thing was really upset.  But she did great when we got them filled.

And then there's Brody.  Just getting bigger and cuter every single day!


I've started working out.  And loving it.  I'm actually signed up to do two 5k's in July.  Not quite sure what I've got myself in to.  Some may say "5K?  Oh EASY!  You could totally do that!"  But I am not a runner.  I hope I survive.  Best part though?  Bry is doing both of them with me.  I'm a little excited.

Bryn had another follow up for her eye.  Last fall, we received a letter from Bryn's school saying that she failed the school eye exam and that we needed to take her in to see an eye doctor.  I thought she was just going to take after me and need glasses.  It was funny because she had never complained to me or Bryan that she couldn't see good out of one eye.  So, we took her in and found out that she doesn't need glasses afterall, but has a condition called Pars Planitis (white blood cells of the immune system flood into the interior of the eye leading to uncontrolled inflammation.  The accumulation of white blood cells can damage the lens, iris and retina over time).  Unfortunately, it's not getting better.  But, it's not getting worse either.  The doctor said that she'll probably need surgery, but she's too young right now.  If they did surgery now, she runs a greater risk of developing a cataract in that eye.  So, for now we'll just keep doing the drops and go back about every 6 months to see if there is any improvement.  She's seriously one tough chicka and everyone - including her doctor - adores her.


Lots of walks around the block.  I'm sure Brody loves having a big brother!


 
I checked out the new City Creek in Salt Lake with my friend Alli.  Lots of shopping and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  Way fun day!

And then one of our favorites...Fires in the backyard!  I'm sure we'll have plenty of these this summer.  There's just something about watching my handsome rugged husband build a fire. 
I love how "manly" he is.



And of course we had to whip out the guitars.  Bry played and sang to me (oh boy!) and then the kids each played us their own little ditty.  Great night as a family!!

She looks so angelic...






0 comments: