CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

December 8, 2012

6 is a BIG number

Not really.....but to Garrett it is.  And since turning 6 it's like a switch turned on for growing up.....
Rett!!!
You're growing up too fast for me.  Somedays I want to speed the clock up to bedtime, but somedays, I would love for time to stand still.  So that I could enjoy those chubby little hands a day longer.  And so that I can hear that awesome little boy laugh over and over again.  But, it seems that time just isn't going to listen to me.  It's going to keep moving on.  You're going to keep growing.

Your dad and I were just sitting on the couch the other day watching you, Bryn and Brody play.  You're dad looked at me and said "I can't believe how big he's getting."  It's hard to imagine you at Brody's age.  Yet it seems like yesterday.  How does that happen?!

Your birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year.  The last time that happened was your first birthday.  And once again, you weren't feeling the best.  I felt so bad.  We never got to make your "red cupcakes with blue frosting" you requested.  But we still tried to have fun. 

The day after your birthday I surprised you and invited your very best buddy Conner over.  It's too bad that we don't live closer to them.  I keep telling daddy we should just move to Logan.  (We'll keep working on him...)  You were SO excited!!  You and Conner are a riot when you get together.  We went to the trampoline park and let you guys burn some energy.  Pretty sure you could've stayed there all day.  Then, per your request, we hit up Wendy's for lunch.  You started to get a bad headache and got pretty mellow.  But you still had a lot of fun.  That's one thing about you.  You make it a party no matter where we're at.  I really don't know where you get all of your energy!  Conner even got to spend the night.  I think I was more exhausted by the end of the night!

I love you Rett.  I know you and I don't always get along.  We're both stubborn.  But you remind me of your daddy.  A lot.  Therefore, it's a given that I'm completely smitten over you.  You're such a great kid.  I'm thankful I have you to cheer me up when I'm sad.  And to laugh at me when I'm getting mad - okay, sometimes that ticks me off more, but still.  Haha!

Garrett, you're going to be a great man.  I can see it in your eyes.  You have a great big heart.  Always have that, okay?  This world can be cruel.  People can be cruel.  But don't you change because of them.  Remember who you are and what kind of person you want to be.  And remember that mom and dad believe in you.  We're your biggest fans!!

You're amazing buddy.
Thanks for being my one and only buddy-man.

Mom

 
Showing off your "cool" wristbands.  It was pretty bright outside....




Such a handsome guy.  I love your stinkin' guts!!!!


0 comments: