"The first period is technique, the second is conditioning, and the third is heart." -Coach Moretti
If there's anything Rett can learn from his dad - it's having "heart". I've never met someone with more heart than him. And I saw a glimpse of that in Rett while he wrestled.
I think it's an understatement to say that Bry was thrilled to sign Rett up for wrestling. Bry LOVED wrestling. I remember picking him up from wrestling practice in High School. I remember how he would listen to "Eye of the Tiger" the morning of wrestling meets to pump himself up. And I remember watching him be his brother's #1 fan as he wrestled. And now he got to be his son's #1 fan (tied with me of course!).
My favorite thing during Garrett's wrestling season was watching him and Bry practice every night. Even after they had just come home from wrestling practice. A couple of times I had to remind Bry that he's only in Kindergarten! Haha! Brynlee even joined in on practice time at home and now knows how to do all the moves. I'm sure it'll come in handy if a boy ever gets out of line!
Rett really liked wrestling. He did great at his tournaments! I liked how everyone "won" in the younger category (although Bry would always sneak by the score table to see who really won). He always had a big cheering section!!
(Bad lighting means fuzzy pictures. Drives me crazy...)
| Getting a pep-talk from dad before his match. |
| His cheering section at his first wrestling meet! |
I was a little nervous when we found out Rett would be wrestling the next kid. I had noticed in practices that he was pretty fiesty. But Rett did AWESOME! He listened to his dad and his coach. I was so proud of him!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment