July was beyond HOT! But that didn't stop us from keeping busy!
We started the month out by spending a few days in Jackson Hole with Bry's family.
The Tetons are my favorite mountains, so I'm ALWAYS beyond excited whenever I get to visit them.
Operation "no binkie" started.
One word: NIGHTMARE.
Most would tell you that after 3 rough days they'll stop asking for it.
Nope. Lies! Poor baby begged for that stinkin' thing for like 3 weeks.
At times I gave in. But I kept trying.
Shenanigans in our house!
Bry is definitely the designated play gym.
More struggles with no binkie.
To show his protest, he started ripping his diaper off while screaming bloody murder.
Then he would crawl under my bed where I couldn't get to him.
Bry would receive many text messages from me while he was at work.
I may have been begging to know where he hid the binkie.
Getting pampered by this pretty lady.
She always tries so hard to make me happy.
We love painting our nails.
It's getting so fun because she's old enough to do so much with me now!
Sometimes it gets really hard for me to manage my time while working at home.
Trying to do a good job and get my work done, while trying to entertain and spend time with the kids, and then trying to keep a tidy home while figuring out what the heck to make for dinner.
I feel overwhelmed at times and start to feel incapable.
That's when I know it's time for a time out.
I packed the kidlets up one day and headed for the park.
We were going to hit the splash pad, but the weather had turned cloudy and windy.
I knew how that would go down once they got wet.
So, the park it was.
And it was perfect.
We ate lunch together in the shade. I sat and watched them play.
It wasn't busy or crowded.
We went for a walk and watched the ducks.
My wee little one refused to leave the ducks at times.
He loved them!
Yes, I even tried this thing. Um...my hips were a little...too wide. So, I had to turn sideways.
I may or may not have got stuck a couple of times.
Oh, this little twerp!
He always has to climb onto the counter whenever I'm doing something on it.
While tearing up this chicken for dinner, he proceeds to just start chewing on it.
Little barbarian.
Oh yes! A little post workout treat.
At 11pm.
Sometimes you just gotta do it.
I was able to second shoot a wedding at the Draper Temple with my friend Ashlee.
Crazy weather day!
It started raining when we got there and was freezing! In July!
And then an hour later, it got humid and so hot.
But it all turned out beautiful.
One of my "A-days".
I was innocently hanging out outside, when this devilish but handsome guy thought it would be funny to start a water fight. Well, he pretty much opened up a can of "you know what"!
Pretty sure I won.
I can't remember the last time we laughed that hard.
He even tried to cheat and kinked my line.
3 words Larsen! Cheaters never prosper!
Cutest little Bumblebee I ever did see!
He has the cutest and funnest little personality.
Brynlee is still working on her braids and loves practicing on my hair.
No complaint from me. I love it when they play with my hair.
Best of times.
Brody can entertain himself pretty good.
While I was working on the computer, he decided that he was tired.
He crawled up onto my bed, snuggled in to the pillows and fell asleep.
One of our goals for July was to get Library cards.
The kids acted like it was Christmas morning.
And Brody just ran around like a crazy man.
He was not at all quiet.
And would not sit to read a book.
But Rett and Bryn loved it.
Especially Bryn, who is our little book worm.
Right now, she loves history books.
She has read about George Washington, Abe Lincoln and Harriet Tubman.
Garrett can read pretty well, but he prefers books with lots of pictures.
I'm still working on learning Italian.
I'm learning all sorts of important phrases like "He eats the bread" and "I am a woman".
Just in case anyone is wondering whether I'm a man or not....
Pioneer Day.
We didn't do much. At all.
But that night we lit a few fireworks with Mandee and Clint.
Don't mind if we do!!
Brody finished his before we even got to the cone.
Girls Trip!!!
This was the first Girls Trip for Brynlee and I.
My aunt Linda invited us to go shopping in Salt Lake for school clothes.
Haylee had wanted me to help her pick out her school clothes.
She said she didn't like her mom's taste.
Which is really funny, because Linda used to take me school shopping while growing up because I didn't like my mom's taste!
We stayed in a hotel, went swimming in the pool and shopped till we dropped.
Brynlee had saved her money and even bought herself a school outfit.
Such a fun weekend with my pretty little lady.
My cousin Haylee is growing up so much. Bry and I used to babysit her when we were in high school and I have taught her piano since she was 4.
She's like a little sister to me.
Photo opps with my little buddy.
Modeling clay fun when it's too hot to play outside.
Brynlee was so proud of the car she made.
She asked me to please take a picture of it.
Gorgeous night with a full moon.
Bry grabbed his spotting scope and told me to grab my camera.
I'd been wanting to try and get a picture of the moon - it's harder than it looks.
We sat out on the deck and enjoyed the night.
Until we were attacked by mosquitoes.

0 comments:
Post a Comment