CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

August 29, 2013

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

One day, Brynlee and Syd were just hanging out at our house while I worked from home.
I could hear them in the other room having a pretty serious conversation.
They were making plans.
BIG plans.
They came in to my room with a whole agenda.
It was hilarious!
They were planning a party for a bunch of girls they hang out with.
No, it was nobody's birthday.
No Holiday.
No special occassion.
Just a Girl's Summer Party!
And oh boy, did they have quite the party planned.
Luckily, I was able to calm them down a bit and plan a simple party.
They cleared it with Syd's mom and we got to work making invitations.

We decided to make some yummy cupcakes and have everyone bring their favorite topping.
We made lemon and pink lemonade (to die for) cupcakes.
I even made the pink lemonade ones from scratch.  Thank you Pinterest!!
Not to be boastful, but they were amazing.
I refuse to disclose how many I really ate.

I think the girls had a lot of fun!
The best part was watching Bryn and Syd get ready for the whole thing.

I attempted making the tissue paper flowers for the first time.
My first one didn't turn out so good.
Brynlee just said "It's okay mom.  We'll just apologize to everyone when they get here and tell them we didn't have a professional decorator on hand."
Thanks for having your mom's back, Bryn! 









Madi's face says it all!
She was super proud of her cupcakes. 

0 comments: