"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
-John Muir
I had a bad day a few weeks ago.
And usually I just try to deal with it and get on with my day.
But this day, I couldn't.
I left work half way through the day and ran away.
For a couple of hours.
To one of my favorite spots.
And I just sat there.
This was the first time I had ever really done something like that.
But I discovered that it's probably something I need to do a little more often.
There was something so healing about sitting there - in the silence.
I read, prayed, thought and listened.
A little funny story though...
I was sitting there in really deep thought - out there in the middle of no where.
I had hiked out to my sitting spot.
And all of a sudden a voice behind me said, "Excuse me..."
Scared the crap out of me!
There stood a Highway Patrolman with his hand rested on his gun.
Sheesh.
I must've looked pretty scary!
He just asked if I was okay. He had seen a car parked down the road
and wanted to make sure everything was alright.
I was a little more alert after that

0 comments:
Post a Comment