CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

June 21, 2014

A really crazy May

I was happy to say goodbye to May.  Only because I knew it would mean I would finally have more time to spend with my family.

My boss started his own company, so we left Ameriprise and the craziness really started.  I worked 10-13 hour days.  And didn't see my family really at all the first 2 weeks of May.  My days were spent filling out mounds and mounds of paperwork.  (I'm still having nightmares involving applications....)  And I planned an open house for our clients to come see the new office.




Bry introduced the kids to Nacho Libre.  And what's on Brody's head you ask?  Garrett's underwear.  There are just no words....



Oh, and would anyone like frosted mini wheat's......without the "frosted"?  I came out one morning to this.  Brody ate the frosting off all the cereal.  Yum.  I asked him if it was good, and he answered a little too enthusiastically "YES!!"




Sundays were spent trying to find some solace and peace.  I'm sure my patience was pretty thin.  I didn't sleep well, Bry and I rarely saw each other, and the kids needed their mom.  I desperately turned to some of my books for some parenting guidance.  It can be soooo hard sometimes!
  

Speaking of being a good mother....Good job Brods.  Way to figure things out for yourself.  Gah! 

But he sure does love his mama...


Mother's Day was beautiful.  Bry and the kids got me some yummy perfume that I've been wanting for a while, a camera necklace, and a super cute apron.  Brynlee made me the cutest coaster that now sits on my desk at work.  We had dinner that night at my brother's house.





Garrett started baseball!  His first year, and he really loves it.  He's a pretty good hitter.  But it's hilarious watching them out in the field.  It's kinda hard for those 1st graders to pay attention for very long.  I sit on the bleachers trying to entertain a toddler....and almost 10 year old!  We're loving the slushy stand lately.  Note to self:  bring a package of wipes from now on.  The Brodster thinks it's okay to lick a spilled slushy off the germ infested bleachers.  Gah!!!!



  





Our monthly temple date.  Just the two of us this time.  It was a beautiful night and Bry's a pretty good sport with my need for a selfie.





We threw a baby shower for Stef.  Heidi planned most of it and coming up with ideas was so fun.  We are so excited to meet this sweet baby.  But even more excited for them to welcome this little one in to their home that they have been praying for for so long.



With all of those long hours....I wanted to get a gift for the family.  Something we could enjoy together.  So, we ordered a basketball hoop from our favorite Lifetime sales Rep. (Thanks Rod!!!)  We were really popular with the neighborhood kids for about 5 minutes.  I swear, every kid was over at our house playing basketball.  I wish I would've got a picture.  It was awesome.

But the kids are loving it.




And we were finally able to plant our garden.  It's a little late, but I'm excited!  Bry and I were pretty grumpy that night, so planting it wasn't as fun.  Haha!  But I love going to the greenhouse and picking everything out we want to plant.  And I love watching our little seeds sprout into pretty little plants.


 
Bry went on a little fishing trip with Russ.  He always has some good stories when he comes back.  And they caught a ton of fish this trip!


 

**And to finish the month - Bry passed his first semester of College!!  He worked hard - despite the crazy stress of family, church, and starting a new job.  I'm pretty proud of him.

0 comments: