CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

June 21, 2014

Family, Fishing and an Anniversary

12 years Bry!  High fives, fist bump, and what the heck - we'll add in a chest bump for good measure. (stop teasing that your chest is bigger than mine)

We both took the day before our anniversary off.  We had been trying to plan a weekend away for a couple of weeks, but with no luck.  Every hotel was booked!  But I'm kinda glad it happened that way.

We spent the whole day as a family.  We packed up the kids and headed for the pool.  But silly me, I forgot to check and see what time they opened.  We were an hour early.  I told you to drive to a local park so that the kids could play for a bit.  The kids whined - they were just so excited to go to the pool!

As we drove up to the park, we were the only ones there.  I sat on the swings with the kids.  You did a few pull ups on the monkey bars.  The kids ran and giggled.  And I just loved watching all of you.

12 years.  I feel like I've been with you my whole life.  And it's hard for me to remember my life before you came in to it.

It's been....hard and sometimes painful.  But even still, it's been incredibly beautiful.  The hard has helped us learn and grow.  Just the other day we were talking about how far we've come - individually and together. It's pretty incredible, huh?

Our marriage isn't perfect.  Our life together isn't perfect.  You're not perfect.  And I'm way off from perfect. Sometimes we don't like each other much.  But I'm learning that that's okay.  Because in the end, we love each other.  And we keep fighting for that.  Our love is unique in its own way.  We came to a point where we literally had to fight for our love.  And from that we learned some incredible lessons and gained a love that is more than I could have imagined. And no matter who or what tries to tear us apart...we keep fighting for that.

Back to our day.  What a great anniversary gift you gave me - to watch you with our littles for the day. Playing at the park, teaching them to swim, laughing, smiling, and feeling completely happy.

Clint and Mandee offered to take the kids for the night so that we could be alone and do "anniversary things".  Yeah baby!  So incredibly nice of them.

We went to a movie, went to Macy's and bought you an incredibly good looking suit (you sure make it look good!!), and had a late dinner.
We woke up the next morning and went fly fishing.  Unfortunately, we didn't catch anything.  And I really don't think you got to do much fishing.  You're always so patient with me while teaching me.  You even recorded me so that I could watch my cast and showed me what I need to do to fix it.  I also think you did it to get a good laugh.  I'm definitely not the rockstar caster I thought I was!

We stopped for lunch at Taggart's - one of our favorites.  We ate on the patio, people watched, and talked. Simple things made for an incredible day.












 

  


"May the way I look at you, the way I speak with you, and the way I treat you, reflect the truth that.... I have loved you since forever."

Thanks for the "Dance".  I always look forward to more.

0 comments: