CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

June 20, 2014

Project Numero Dos

Okay, so I have been telling Bry that I wanted to extend our deck for a long time.
I love sitting out on the deck, but seriously, our deck was pretty little and narrow
plus we would get hornets that loved to make homes in the wood.
And then one day I got a call from my dad.
He said that he could get a really great deal on some Trex decking.
 (The perks to having your dad work at a lumber yard!)
I immediately called Bry and we jumped on it.
No more staining the deck or slivers!
We couldn't extend it the length I wanted -
because I wanted to go the whole length of the house!
Go big or go home, right?!
But we were able to extend it 4 feet.

Bry worked so hard.
And my dad was so kind to come over for a few days and help him.
It was a lot of work
The kids and I were the clean up crew.
We now have enough firewood to last until 2020.
Bry even taught me how to measure and cut - so I got to do a few things to help him out!
(And now I have a major itch to build things - projects coming this summer!)
Even Brody got in on some drilling action.












 









It's amazing to me how Bry can just pick up a tool and go to work -
Never building a deck before....and he just taught himself with some help from my dad.
CRAZY talent!!
I do have to admit that I got a little nervous when he just started going crazy
 cutting and knocking down the deck.
At one point, I even asked him if he knew what he was doing?
He said no.
Ha!
But he did an incredible job.
And we love it.

0 comments: