Thanksgiving was relaxing this year. We usually go bowling with my family, but this year we decided not to. Bry was able to go trap shooting that morning and the kids and I just chilled together. We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year. My mom made a great dinner (as always) and it was nice spending time with everyone.
During this time of year I really try to focus on what I am thankful for - as I'm sure most everyone does. But this year, everything seems more touching and sentimental to me.
So, excuse me while I get sappy for a moment....
This year, I am most thankful for Life.
- I'm thankful that I get to be here with my sweet husband. That I get to hold his hand everyday and kiss his ruggedly handsome face. And that I get to be loved by him.
- I'm thankful that I get to hear my kids giggle and play. And that I am the recipient of their loving hugs each day. I don't know what I have done in life to deserve their love and forgiveness...but I am truly grateful!
- I am thankful for prayer and for the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. I would be so ungrateful if I didn't acknowledge the comfort and love He has given me - especially the last few months.
- I am thankful for great doctors - for Dr. H at Huntsman who always called to see how I was doing. And for Dr. M who told me that he was going to help me live a long time. :)
- I'm thankful for family. I've really been blessed with wonderful and amazing parents who never forget to tell me they love me. My beautiful Grandmas - who are such incredible examples of strength and love. I'm thankful not only for my family, but for Bry's family. I'm truly surrounded by wonderful people. We've really discovered that there are people all around you that love you and you may not even know it.
- I'm thankful for new and old friendships. I really love my friends - more than they know.
Anyway, I feel blessed....and loved....and happy. Really happy.
Now for a few Thanksgiving pictures :)
| (I personally would just do "fancy paper plates" ;) |
| Now you know where I get my cheesy grin from!! |
| Playing a little Wii after dinner |
| Grandma Read and baby Kinlee |
| My favorite Grandma Cougar! |
| War wound from Garrett....aka sibling love. |
| My beautiful Mom |


2 comments:
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving :) I'm more thankful for your family than I could ever express with words.
I am glad you had a great Thankgiving!! My family means the world to me and I love each and everyone of them!!! Thanks for sharing!!1
Post a Comment