CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

December 31, 2010

More festivities

Every year on the 23rd we have a party with my brother, his family and my parents.  We open all of our gifts from each other and spend time together.  My mom started it about 4-5 years ago to help with the "Christmas Day rush".  This way, we get to spend a lot of time together without having to hurry and leave to get to the next house.  I love it!  Mom and dad made us prime rib...yummy!  My friend Mandee taught me how to make homemade rolls the week before, so I volunteered to make those since my mom had just had surgery on her hand 2 days before the party.  The food was so good and of course we all ate too much!  This year, my mom wanted to try something different and bought 2 gingerbread house kits for us to make.  It was a blast!  We decided to do girls against guys.  Well, the guys got really competitive.  Bry and Mike are really creative, so us girls had to up our game a little bit.  It was a close call, but I think the guys won this year.  But ours definitely was the most colorful!  We have decided to make this a tradition at our party from here on out.  So, better bring your skills next year boys....cause it's on!!!
Can't have a party without the dew!

Sweet Kinlee....she's such a good baby!













And the finished products......  The boys went all out and did a chimney and a overhang over the porch.
  But us girls did a Christmas tree out front and an orange wreath above the door...ha ha!



 We were good....Santa visited our gingerbread house.


Too much fun for the littlest one....




They all love their Papa!




And after the tornado hit....

I love my beautiful mom!

Thanks mom and dad for such a fun night!!!  We love you!


3 comments:

Ashley

I LOVE Bryn's hair like that. And yours too. There just isn't anything better than those big family get togethers.

Pickett

Oh I miss your family… seeing the pictures of your dad (Grandpa0 with the kids make me want to cry…
Just love you all! And just for the record I would be way nervous in a gingerbread competition against Mike…
He is one crafty handyman…

The Hunts
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.