CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

December 31, 2010

Family time

This year I really wanted to try and do fun things that I usually don't get around to during Christmas with the kids.  And I was really happy with the things we were able to do.  Bry and I had the wonderful opportunity to go and see the Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean.  Some sweet angels left the tickets at my parents - and we have no idea who it was.  It made me cry.  I've wanted to see the Forgotten Carols for years and I was so excited to go.  It was beautiful.  I love the spirit that I felt and the whole story! 

We made treats and saw the lights and attended parties.  I love being around our friends and family.

One night I decided to make sugar cookie dough with the kids.  Luckily Bry was there to help.  For some reason, my cookies never turn out.  And yes, I really mean never!  I wasn't blessed with the baking/cooking skills like my mom, but I try nonetheless.  And can I say that it is quite the thing to conquer with 2 crazy children "helping".
The next night Bry helped cut them out with the kids.  The kitchen looked like a war zone!  I'm so glad I have a husband that will participate in little things like this.  I really enjoy watching him with the kids.  I'm sure it's pretty annoying with me constantly snapping pictures, but I want to remember and cherish these moments forever...



And the Masterpieces....
I adore Rett's face in this picture...he was so proud of his creation.

At one of my family parties, "Santa" made an appearance.  It's funny....he resembled my Uncle Dale so much!  I may have finally figured out the secret?!

Rett was nervous at first to go sit on his lap, but he was tough and did it.  He's getting to be such a big boy.  (His shirt says "Is it to late to be Good?"  Totally fits him!!!)
I can't get over how big Brynlee looks on Santa's lap.
My nieces Kinlee & Madison

New Buddies:  Conner and Rett.  They were so hyper and really wouldn't hold still for me and my cousin Cara to take a picture.  It was hilarious.  I have a video of them I'll have to post.  But these 2 played all night.  I wish we lived closer so that they could play everyday.  They had so much fun together.
Rett is so much like his daddy - can't really take one picture without pulling some kind of a goofy face!
Doesn't Bry look enthused?  He just LOVES Christmas parties.  He was a good sport though...

3 comments:

Simonsen Family

LOVe the pictures and FINALLY an update ☻ WE still stalk ya and "wait" for those updates ♥

The Hunts
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pickett

Ha Ha… The Picture of Bryan cracks me up… It looks just like Kevin, wait I pretty sure I have a picture like this!
We missed seeing you guys this year if it’s just to give a little gift. I have to admit I have the gifts but I was so sick. So needless to say they are packed away for next year... (is that bad to admit?)