This girl was super excited to start 1st grade and go to school all day. Actually, she was really excited to eat lunch at school and get 3 recess's. She wanted me to take her to school on the first day this year - unlike last year when she was so embarrassed that I followed the bus to school! But trust me, mom didn't dissapoint this year. I succeeded in embarrassing her. She wouldn't let me take any cute pics of her before school. So I tried to snap a few as we were walking in to the school. As we got to her class, I started snapping away. She was mortified! She finally rolled her eyes....looked at everyone....and said "Ugh - she's a photographer!" Ha ha! One of her favorite friends, Sidney, is also in her class, so I had to get pics of both of them together. Sid was a good sport - Bryn was just embarrassed. That's what mom's are for, right?! When I was ready to leave, I said "Okay, give me a kiss". You would've thought I asked her something outrageous!!! I told her it was okay if she didn't want to - heck, I had embarrassed her enough. But she told me that it would be okay this one time - but no more! I can't believe she's already at an age where she is embarrassed by my "loving affection".
So far, she loves school. Her teacher is really nice and there is a boy in her class that wants to "marry her" - so she says. Her favorite things about school so far are lunch, recess - because she gets to jump rope, and making new friends. You know - the important stuff. Every morning before she leaves, Rett runs up to her and gives her a big hug. He sure misses her during the day. He gets a little bored. But it's been fun having some one on one time with him. We play games, work on preschool stuff, play "store".....and he is addicted (literally) to riding his bike.
Garrett had to wear his little backpack just like Bryn.
Embarrassed that mom was already taking pictures....
Bryn with Mrs. "N"

2 comments:
Amber you're such a cute mom! This post made me giggle, I can picture both Bryn being embarassed & you... uh, embarassig her ;) Haha! You are adorable. I flippin' remember 1st grade, how is Brynlee already there???? BTW - Bryn & Garrett both have such beautiful skin! I love your pictures!
How darling!! She was so excited she even forgot to do her homework assignment...Call GRANDMA!!! hehe but I finially got her and she is so excited for school of chorse she is the smartest,cutest,on in her class!!! Good luck this year love you tons!!!
Post a Comment