CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

September 9, 2012

For my Bryn

Bryners,
Really - where did the past 8 years go??  I could swear that yesterday we were just bringing you home from the hospital.  And that I was sitting in your room rocking you and singing every little song I could think of. 

I still remember the day I told your daddy I was pregnant.  We were both so extremely excited!  But I was also nervous.  Maybe even scared.  My whole life I just wanted to be a mom.  (I played with dolls until I was like 12! - don't tell anyone okay?)  I dreamed of the kind of mother I wanted to be.  Unfortunately, I'm no where near what I dreamed I would be.  But you are the most patient, loving, amazing, beautiful daughter.  You make me want to be better.  And in your own special way - you encourage me and reassure me I'm a good mom.  The other day, Garrett wasn't too happy with me and told me that I was the worst mom ever.  You looked at me and said "Mom, you're a great mom.  Rett just has issues."  Haha!  You definitely made me laugh.   What it means to be your mom is difficult for me to put in to words.  And I lack in the eloquence department.  But being your mom has been one of the greatest experiences and joys of my life.  Your dad and I are blessed beyond words to have you.

You have a big heart. Right now you love to make friendship bracelets for everyone. You are constantly making cards and little notes for your friends and family. You love chocolate about as much as I do. You still love to cuddle with me and your dad - I hope you don't grow out of that. You are an awesome big sister, and a little mother to Brody. You tote him everywhere. Although, you hate it when he goes in your room. It's pretty much his favorite room to destroy, isn't it?  You are trying so hard to grow up right now.  It makes my heart hurt.  Part of me is excited to see you grow.  But a part of me is screaming "NO!!! Stay innocent and little."  Sometimes I would love to stop time  To just sit here and enjoy it all with you.  To savor every little moment of those chubby cheeks and big teeth (don't worry - they won't always be so big.  You and I call them your chicklets).  You have pulled me through some really hard days.


I saw a quote the other day that reminded me of you.  I think it fits you perfectly.
"Though she be but LITTLE, she is FIERCE."

Yes, you are little - the shortest one in your class.  But dynamite comes wrapped in small packages. 
You are capable of great things. 
Be confident Bryn.  Believe in yourself and what you can do. 
Make good choices. 
Respect others - even if they've done a lot less for you. 
Forgive - No matter what the offense.  Sometimes that is going to be really hard.  Maybe the hardest thing you'll ever do.  But, it will help you to be a better person - it will help you grow and move on.  One saying your dad and I love - "I can do HARD things".  Remember that. 
Stay close to your Heavenly Father.  He loves you Bryn and He knows you better than anyone.
Work hard - for everything.  Always give it your best.  You can learn a lot about that from your dad.
Laugh!  A lot.
Appreciate your "wind knots" - ask your dad about that one.
Be bold.  You have a little of me in you.  Bold can be good.  Just know when to use it.
Dare to be you.

I love you Bryn.  Like only a mother can. 

Mom


0 comments: