CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

September 1, 2012

July's Rundown Rendition



We went on a fun date with Mandee & Clint.  The day we got home from camping, they called and said that they were going out and wanted to know if we wanted to go too.  Of course we did!  So, we took them to one of our new favorite places - Taggart's.  The food was good - even though Bry's Dr. Pepper was flat. Haha!  But then, come to find out, the boys had snuck their fly rods in the back of the suburban!  So, after dinner we drove down the road and watched the guys fish for a while.  Clint caught one.  Bry?  Skunked!






Sneaky Devil...

He's so stinkin' cute when he sleeps.  Don't you just want to kiss those cute lips and cheeks?!

More beautiful sunsets..


Watching Bry prepare for the bow hunt...  There's just something about a man and his bow :)

The kids loved watching him.  Most of the time we watched from the car -
the mosquitoes out here can carry you away!

Rett was dad's official arrow fetcher.  I think we finally found something Garrett loves!  He would even bring his own bow and arrows to practice with dad.



On the kids' last day of swimming lessons, Bry surprised them and took the day off.  They had wanted him to come see them swim so bad.  So after their lesson he surprised us and took us to the Roy Pool.  The kids were so excited!  Bry is such a great dad.  Such a sweet thing for him to do for the kids.


I have been struggling with Garrett.  We butt heads more than not.  But we've been trying to be buddies.

I tried more new recipes.  Yummy!


And this little guy is pretty much in to everything now.  His favorite thing?  The dishwasher.  If he hears me open it - it's like speed crawling!  You can hear him coming down the hall.

He loves bath time.  He thinks he's a frog and he loves to stick his face in the water.  It's hilarious!


I've been working out at the gym since April with my friend Joni.  I love it.  But on this particular day, our workout called for "Donkey calf raises".  Dead serious - this is what you're supposed to do.  We sat there for a minute wondering if we should really do it.  I said the heck with it - let's just do it and get it done. 
True - there are standing calf machines, but unfortunately our gym doesn't have one. 
One guy said to us "You wouldn't see 2 guys doing that!"  True sir, true. 
At least we provided a good laugh for everyone that morning.

Another one of Brody's favorites?  Playing the piano.  Especially when I'm trying to teach a piano lesson!

I've been bad the last couple of months posting about Brody's progress.  He's doing great!  Here he is at his 9 month checkup (although he was actually almost 10 months...). 
He weighed in at 20lbs - 29% for weight and 29" long - 57% for height. 
So far, he is our tallest kid.  Brynlee and Garrett were never in the 57% for height.  (Brynlee is still in the 6% for height and 2% for weight.)  So, maybe he'll get his height from my side?



I carry a journal around with me everywhere.  I write down lyrics or quotes that really touch me.
I'm still working on it - and found a lot of stuff during July.  This quote was my "motto" for the month.

And the kids and I found a friend in our flower beds one morning while weeding....
That about sums up our July!

0 comments: