CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

September 10, 2013

Quick Vaca

We try to go on a camping trip with my side of the family every year.
I grew up camping with my family.  A lot.
And this campground was always on the list. 
It is so pretty at Smith and Morehouse and it's pretty close to home.

My parents had taken Brynlee and Garrett with them a few days before we were able to leave.
And last minute, Bry had a mandatory meeting he had to attend.
So, Brody and I packed everything up and hit the road.
Our first little road trip with just the two of us.
As you can see, he was pretty excited.


I got to camp and set up the tent - with some help from my dad and brother.
Yep - stayed in the tent with just me and the kids.
Thankfully, no bears got to us that night.

The view from the tent was - to say the least - beautiful.
And our campsite was huge.  Plenty of room for the kidlets to explore.




We all piled in my dad's new truck for a ride to the lake the first night I was there.
I rode in the back with some of the crew.  Brought back a lot of memories of growing up.
I loved riding in the back of my dad's old truck.
Although, the ride was much smoother in his new beauty.


It was a little....bumpy.

The sunset was gorgeous.  There were fish jumping everywhere.




So, obviously, when we got back to camp I talked my little brother into going night fishing with me.
And the best part?!  My dad let me drive his new truck!
I was just a little excited.



While fishing - in the dark - I could hear the bats.
I'm shivering right now just thinking about them.
One seriously buzzed my face.
I screamed and immediately packed up my fishing gear.
No way was I going to deal with bats!!!
Mike just laughed.
He wouldn't have laughed if I would've got bit by one of those rabies infested animals!


And the best part about camping - the campfire!




We spent a day fishing, playing in the water and making mud pies.
It was too windy and we didn't catch anything.
But the kids had a blast!










Garrett got tired of sitting there holding his pole.
So I took a seat.
Sure glad it didn't break.
That would've been a little awkward...

















We were so happy to see Bry when he got there!
And had to hit the lake again for more fishing.
He and Rett caught a couple and so did my mom and Bryn.








Such a fun short trip with my family.

0 comments: