CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

May 3, 2011

A time for "firsts"

We were lucky enought to spend a whole 8 days in Maui, Hawaii!  We left very early the morning of April 15th and came home on the 23rd.  It was a trip of "firsts" you could say.....the biggest of all - It was Bryan's first time on an airplane!  We all gave him some crap the few weeks leading up to the trip, but he actually loved flying.  So, I think we may have to do it more often.  It was our first time to Hawaii....or should I say Paradise.  Bry and I kept saying the whole time it felt like a dream.  We couldn't believe that we were actually there.  The weather was amazing the whole time....no rain but plenty of sunshine.

Of course right when we got there, we checked our bags in and headed for the beach!  I have never really walked on a beach (that I remember).  I immediately took my shoes off and stuck my feet in the hot sand.  I loved the sound of the waves - very relaxing.  Most nights we would leave the door open to our balcony and fall asleep listening to the waves.



Russ and Keiko have a condo at the Marriot Resort right on the beach...and our rooms had an ocean view!  It was so beautiful.
Here's some of the pools you could see below our room.  This was at night - during the day they were packed!  We spent a lot of time hanging out at the pool.  The other side had a volleyball net and basketball hoop.  We had some crazy fun playing!

Here's the view right from our balcony.

I think this was our first night there (16 weeks pregnant). 

Getting ready for some relaxation by the beach....pre-sunburn.  Ya, our 2nd day and I got fried!  Of course I wore my 85 SPF sunblock, but with my white skin...guess I should've got 500 SPF?

0 comments: