CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

December 1, 2011

Already 2 months?!

I really can't believe that our little Brody is already 2 months old.  Brody is such a good baby.  He's my happy boy!  He really only cries when he's hungry or needs a new diaper.  He smiles like crazy and has a good "talk" with me every morning.  I've had a hard time getting to work on time the last couple of weeks because he is so so happy in the morning and wants my full attention.  And of course, I completely cherish those moments.  It's been a lot of fun being home a lot more.  With Brynlee and Garrett I worked every day - away from them - and I feel that I missed out on a lot of special little moments.  I really am so grateful for a boss that allows me to work from home 3 days a week. 

He's still our tiny little guy, but is finally up to 10 pounds!  Not one ounce of fat on his little body though.  But it's helped having him on formula.  He just couldn't stay awake to eat at first which caused me to lose my milk when he was 3 weeks old. 

Here's some of his "stats" the last 2 months:
Birth: weighed 7lbs 4oz & 20.5 inches long
3 weeks:  weighed 7 lbs (still not up to birth weight) & 21 inches long
1 month:  weighed 8lbs 2oz & 21.5 inches long!  Woo hoo!  Finally gaining weight!
2 months:  10lbs & 22 inches long.  He is in the 9% for weight and 11% for height.  We were shocked he was so "tall" when he was born, but now he's fitting right in with our "little" family!

1st smile:  October 24.  And I have to boast (wink wink) - it was for mommy!
1st real giggle:  11/30/2011 - it was for Daddy.

He pulls the funniest faces at us.  These are all of the day he gave me his first smile.  I wish I would've had the "good camera" on hand.  Most pictures these days happen with my cell phone.  It's hard carrying around the Brodster and my other baby (ie. THE camera)






 I know someday I'll probably receive crap for the next picture, but I love it.  He was so tiny, but not very happy at mom that day.....  Bry said it's because I put that beanie on his head.


And here is the "big" guy at 2 months..
He loves to watch us - especially Bryn and Rett.  He likes to be able to see us when he's awake.  If he can't see us he'll squawk until one of goes over to see what's up.  Then he'll give us a huge smile!  He knows how to work the system!  I love to sing to him....don't know if he really likes it or not yet, but I do it anyway.  He's still not sleeping through the night - bummer!  But he's getting better.  And he absolutely loves when we talk to him. 

At the doctor's waiting for shots.  I think he knew what was coming....
At his appointment, the doctor said he has the worst case of eczema he's ever seen.  Welcome to a family of asthmatics Brody!  Poor little guy.  So, right now we've got him on a prescription cream that seems to be helping.  But he does have the softest little feet!







We really love our little Brodster!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie G.

Oh he is adorable! I love that smile, what a happy camper! We can't wait to meet him and shower him with love and hugs! XOXOX

Becky

What a cutie!! You should give some goat milk soap a try. My daughter doesnt feel like sandpaper anymore :) I order ours (and would highly reccomend it) from www.goatmilkstuff.com but I am sure there are plenty of places out there that sell it.