CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Family is not an important thing, it's everything.
-Michael J Fox

November 22, 2011

5 years...

I can't believe it has been 5 years since our little Rett-man joined our family.  I still remember when we found out he was a boy - how excited Bry was to be having a son!  It's true what they say.....time really does go too fast and they grow too quickly.




Dear Garrett,
I love calling you my buddy-man...and even when you're mad and tell me that you're not my buddy-man any more, I know that you always will be. 

I still remember the day you were born like it was yesterday.  The events of the day before, getting to the hospital and having you four hours later.  You came into this world with the biggest scowl on your little chubby face!  Dad and I still laugh about that because you have the same scowl at times.  I really can't believe that 5 years have gone by!

You've always been a momma's boy, but lately you seem to be needing your daddy a lot more.  You love to help him build things.  Dad just finished redoing the stairs in our garage and you were right out there "helping" him.  You even came in and told me that you needed to borrow my real hammer so that you could be a better helper.  I guess you've already outgrown the plastic tools.  Lucky you, because aunt Ashley and uncle Mike gave you a real tool set for your birthday!  But aunt Ashley had to set some rules with you because she knows how....creative you are!  "No hammering mom's furniture, or the walls.  No hitting your sister with the tools....etc."

You are such a wonderful brother to Brynlee and Brody.  I thought it was so sweet that you wanted to get something for Brynlee when Grandma Jill and Papa Dave took you shopping for your birthday.  And whenever you get a treat, you always want to get one for Bryn.  And oh boy - do you love your baby brother.  You literally smother him with kisses.....and I'm sorry I get frustrated sometimes when you do that.  I'm glad you love your brother and I hope that you two will have a relationship like your dad and uncle Rod have.  I've never seen 2 brothers closer.

I love your smile and have had so many people compliment on how great a smile you have!  Your preschool teacher, Miss Stacey, told me the other day that you have the greatest smile and that all of the little girls in your class just love you.  You are very outgoing and have one volume - LOUD!  I took you to Walmart to pick out what icecream you wanted and you literally sang the entire time we were at the store....very loudly.  I lady even stopped me and said "Wow, he sure is happy!" 

You make me so happy (most of the time).  I love having you a part of my life.  I love being your mom and love hearing you call me that.  I love that you still want me to tuck you in at night and occasionally ask "mom, sing me a lullaby". 

Thanks for being my buddy!

Love, Mommy

0 comments: