6 years ago
November 18, 2011
Being Thankful: Day 18
Sometimes being married can be hard. But lately, Bry and I "can do hard things". The past couple of years I have really tried to focus on doing my part to strengthen our marriage. It's made me realize that the little things really are big things. It's been a rough few months and then having a new baby sometimes makes it hard to have "alone time" together. I had been praying for guidance on what I can do to help us be stronger. I've just wanted to start over. And since me and God are pretty tight right now.....He helped me to come up with something. Why not "start over"? I thought of our first date and decided that's what we were going to do. I wrote Bry a letter (pretty funny if you ask me!) and put it on his truck. I told him that I'm a pretty old fashioned girl and I think a guy should ask the girl out.....but desperate situations call for desperate measures! I asked him out for Friday night. It was probably one of the best date nights we've ever had. I don't think we've ever talked so much on a date! Ha ha! It was awesome! We talked about our goals, likes, dislikes, dreams, love, life....the list goes on and on. I love being with Bry. I love spending time with him. I loved how he opened my door for me all night and kissed my hand. I loved how he kept telling me I looked beautiful. I hope he enjoyed the night as much as I did. So today, I am thankful for "First dates". And I hope we have a lot more like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment